Last night while fishing down at Herrington my Son-in-law said "Holy crap a snake"! It was swimming toward the back of the boat and started to come into the boat. My son-in-law in a panic started to swat at the snake trying to scare it away. As his luck would have it.......He snagged the darn thing! Now the fun has really started.
I said "what in the heck are you gonna do now"! Lip that darn thing and get him off! This has to be the funniest thing that I have ever seen in my life. Him dancing around with a 4 foot snake on the end of his pole, arms stretched out to keep the snake away and the snake thrashing around and striking all over the place trying to get free.
After about what seemed like forever we made our way over to a house boat and pinned the snake down with the net so I could unhook it. This also took several attempts as the snake would slither off the boat towards mine or the water.
We laughed and talked about that the rest of the night and I'm sure we will talk about it for a long time to come. Definatley a trip to remember. I have been fishing for a long time and never had this happen but I assure you that I will keep a good eye on the water for these critters in the future.
Some of he things that were said during this Fun Time I can't post, but you can imagine the rest.