Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stealing on Cherokee Lake

Careful where you launch your boat on Cherokee . I launched at Boat Launch Road across from Cherokee park. When I came back to put my boat on the trailer . My truck was makeing a lot of noise . Some thief had cut my Catilic Converter off . There have been 5 or 6 stolen or cut off , they have Precious metal in them. worth about $ 90.00 . Also same thing at Church House launch Ramp. Cost to replace $700.00. I have insurance . Fishing was great until I came in . YANK

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stealing on Cherokee Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    Careful where you launch your boat on Cherokee . I launched at Boat Launch Road across from Cherokee park. When I came back to put my boat on the trailer . My truck was makeing a lot of noise . Some thief had cut my Catilic Converter off . There have been 5 or 6 stolen or cut off , they have Precious metal in them. worth about $ 90.00 . Also same thing at Church House launch Ramp. Cost to replace $700.00. I have insurance . Fishing was great until I came in . YANK
    Thanks for the warning, Yank. I was planning to go fishing this weekend and park my truck at Quarryville Boat Ramp (Church House). I think I'll pass and park at Heron Point Marina because it, at least, has security gates. I wish someone would set up a dash cam and catch the low-life that is stealing catilytic converters and truck tailgates. I'm certainly going to be watching for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read on another site where they got 3 trucks at Loudon last nite.I may purchase one of those cameras to put inside truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Where on Loudon?

Post Thanks / Like

With this happening so much why don't they set up a cop sting or smoke the local scrap yard?

Post Thanks / Like

If this continues to grow, my guess is we will see the insurance companies get involved and demand accounting for scarp sales of these pellets. They are not going to continue to pay $1500 for some grease balls to make $90 in platinum scrap. Off course this also says something about scrap dealers as well. Where do they think someone comes up with the pellets from converters day after day. They're looking the other way to make a few bucks as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard today on the television that that are puting serial numbers on the Converts ( Ingraveing numbers on them so they can Identfy who they belong to . This might help..Yank