Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to start a business

Hey guys/gals--

I am testing the waters on MAYBE starting a new business. First off, if anyone knows how to start a business, especially the kind of business I am aiming to start, please PM me!!!!

But I would like your thoughts on this. What would be your expectations, how much would you pay, etc. I have worked in computer services now for over a year in a major retail company. I would like to branch off to my own computer education business. I believe there is a huge potentinial to be tapped in creating a business that provides affordable, on-site computer education and training, especially one that targets first time PC owners and older Americans. I would also like to do some simple computer consultations on upgrades and repairs and set up small, in home networks.

What do you all think? What would be your expectations if you hired someone like this? How much would you pay for such a service?

ANY ANSWERS HELPS GUYS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to start a business

Aside from your basic business plan that only you have knowledge of...I think that it is a good idea. Box houses like Circuit City and Best Buy offer that service now. Give them a call and get their rates as a comparison. I know some older folks would like that service especially if it was cheaper than the big companies. Setting up printers and software for people could be helpful.
    I would think you would consider the cost of fuel (trip charge?) and a minimun service call rate. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to start a business

Maybe get into something along the lines of the Geek Squad repair service and setup..... Plus train people the basics of how to use their PC's....... Older people and new PC owners would probably be pretty well set to pay for the info.