Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is this next year?

Even though I have been warned by my daughter and grand children, I have been sneaking peeks at CUBS baseball[ they have lost almost every game I watched], but who has the best winning % in MLB? yep da cubbies, bad thing is, the team in the american league with another good record, also in first da sox.Going to start to saving some big bucks and maybe buy some play off tickets, who knows, maybe even the world serious?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this next year?

Ok, if the family is telling you not to watch the Cubbies play.....Don't do it....That way when they get into the Playoffs, then you can watch them play and enjoy it more..... Would be good to see dem cubbies win this year.....

Did I mention I " HATE " the Yankee's with a fired up Passion.....

Post Thanks / Like

We'd get along fine MsgMills, I have a deep and abiding hate for the Stankies myself. Watched the Twins beat em the other night and I slept much better than usual.

Larry, you Cub fans deserve something. No particular affinity for them, but I hope Sweet Lou and his boys can get it done this time. I'd enjoy seeing you Cubbie fans weeping with joy after so many heartbreaks over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Ok, if the family is telling you not to watch the Cubbies play.....Don't do it....That way when they get into the Playoffs, then you can watch them play and enjoy it more..... Would be good to see dem cubbies win this year.....

Did I mention I " HATE " the Yankee's with a fired up Passion.....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Is this next year?

1946 A 10 yr old kid goes to his first big ball game. He goes because his two uncles got in free because of something called a ruptured duck. The cubbies played the cincy reds, and WON! He got an auto graph from a guy named euell blackwell,and had a great time and almost got a foul ball[it was about 5 rows away].So many of my relatives and I have waited in vain to eat a dawg in late sept in wrigley field. Even told the kids, once before i die, let me see em in the series,are my days numbered?

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up watching my Dad listen to the Cubs on wgn radio. He never lived long enough to see them in the world series. I have passed this gene onto my son who is 35, I hope that this is the year.

2008 100 years since the Cubs won their last world series.
    2008 Barric Husen Obama is elected.
    2008 HELL FREEZES OVER!
    2008 We are all going to hell.

My prediction for this year? Only this first thing happens!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Is this next year?

Now I could really enjoy watching the Cubbies sweep those NY Stankies in the World Series........Man would I sleep good that night as well Devils Horse.....

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on Dreaming I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Now I could really enjoy watching the Cubbies sweep those NY Stankies in the World Series........Man would I sleep good that night as well Devils Horse.....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Is this next year?

My favorite aunt died the year after that jerk touched that foul ball, she was buried in her cub jersey, three yrs later her husband passed on, same burial attire. My grand father could just barely speak english, but never missed a game on the radio or TV, so many of us would like tosee it happen, except we'd like to see the cubbies beat the white soxes butts in four games!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Is this next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am View Post
    Keep on Dreaming I guess!
    Oh, yeah your right Moose...The Yankee's have got to get out of last place first....lol...... Wait do I see a major comeback by the Yankee's...their in 3rd place or is it 4th.....I haven't checked the paper yet today......lol

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see some baseball talk on here. I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'd like to mention that the Bats are doing really well this year, currently tied with Toledo for first place. Kendra and I have season tickets; sect.114, row X, seats 9 & 10. If you're there, come by and say hi. But do it between innings; I'll be keeping score LOL.

Hmmmm... what about a fishin.com outing to a Bats game? I bet there'd be enough people interested to get the group rate, "Fishin.com" up on PepsiVision, and all that. What about it?