Search Fishin.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: indiana is awful! where do you rate it?

Sorry I don't have any input about Indiana.(only there once & it was not to fish)
    But Moose1am Eagle Lake was my early stompin grounds, we used to fish there when I was just a boy. I live in a city close to Toronto, fished all my life, but I cannot seem to get that lake outa my head.
    I have two boys now, The first is three the other is one, I just would like to know what the fishing is like there now? I remember great smallmouth, huge boulders, and you don't see a soul.....But the Black Bears...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of the statements here. I will add that I would like to see us get rid of that dumb trout program.We are a warm water state and they just dont last, yeah , you hear of an occasional survivor caught thats grown to 18 inches. I think that program should be dumped and take that money and invest it in a large smallmouth program stocking the more fishable creeks. Imagne White Water creek heavily stocked,after a couple of years it could be like the Elkhorn in Ky drawing lots of fishermen into the area bringing their cash to the local economy and perpetuating the fishery.Dont get me wrong, Im a flyfisherman and trout are my number one target, I go out of state.Its just not realistic to pay for all those trout, the majority of which wont survive, just to have a "trout season" for a couple of weeks.We could keep the trout program up in the northern part of the state as they do a little better and that could be the attraction for that area. I would also like to see a little more creek access also, just some simple inexpensive flat pull offs with gravel to park.With all the popularity of kayaks now a little more access for shuttling vechicles would also get people out more to fish for all our upgraded streams.

Post Thanks / Like

I travel from Louisville to Patoka as often as I can. Fish the lower third of the lake and most always have good luck. Very few short fish in comparison to the keepers that are caught. I don't have much of a problem with traffic on that end either. I personally have better luck there verses Rough or Taylorsville or even Nolin. And I have had some outstanding days at Nolin.