Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Country Funeral Story

I hope everyone enjoys this email that I recently received from a friend.

COUNTRY FUNERAL STORY
    As a minister in Kentucky, I was asked by a funeral director to hold a graveside service for a homeless man, who had no family or friends. The funeral was to be held at a new cemetery way back in the country, and this man would be the first to be buried there.

I was not familiar with the backwoods area, and I soon became lost. Being a typical man, I did not stop to ask for directions. I finally arrived an hour late.

I saw the backhoe and the open grave, but the hearse was nowhere in sight. The digging crew was eating lunch. I apologized to the workers for my tardiness, and I stepped to the side of the open grave. There I saw the vault lid already in place. I assured the workers I would not hold them up for long, as I told them that this was the proper thing to do.

The workers gathered around the grave and stood silently, as I began to pour out my heart and soul. As I preached about "looking forward to a brighter tomorrow" and "the glory that is to come," the workers began to say, "Amen," "Praise the Lord," and "Glory!" The fervor of these men truly inspired me. So, I preached and I preached like I had never preached before, all the way from Genesis to Revelations.

I finally closed the lengthy service with a prayer, thanked the men, and walked to my car.

As I opened the door and taking off my coat, I heard one of the workers say to another, "I ain't NEVER seen nothin' like that before, and I've been puttin' in septic tanks for thirty years!"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Country Funeral Story

Ha ha That's pretty funny. Along those lines...my buddy had a septic systems company and his logo was "The #1 man in the #2 business".

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll are killin me......

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of a friend that use to be plant manager of Briggs pottery here in town. They made toilets and sinks. He said there motto was a royal flush beats a full house.

I also saw on a semi that hauled milk from the dairies. "We owe our business to udders".

Post Thanks / Like

It is rumored that one time Wisconson was thinking of changing its motto on the license plates, from americas dairy land, to come smell our dairy air.