Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Ellerslie

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Lake Ellerslie

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Lol.Ahhh..that sounds nice.I do need someone to hold my cig so the smoke doesnt burn my nose while im fishing and someone to run a peice of ice over the back of my neck when im hot.If there in bikinis thats only a plus.I just dont think they would be impressed at the way i use my senko.
    Now that's funny right der I don't care who ya are.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Ellerslie

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    DJD said these same "Bikini Girls" will tie on your baits, take the fish off of your hooks and wipe the sweat from your forehead if needed. DJD said the "Strippers" in Ellerslie are much better than the Stripers at Cumberland but would not go into any further details. No wonder it is 5 years to get to the top of the list.
    It's good to be the King.

Post Thanks / Like

If a couple of members would just like to sponsor a prospective member- simply out of the goodness of your heart, as I don't know anyone there, I would like to have the opportunity to get on the waiting list. Yes I know this is begging, but like the old Temptations song..."Ain't Too Proud To Beg". Gotta start somewhere I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

5hp limit on the boat. can't start your big motor unless your loading your boat.
    I think Don is right except the dues went up this year and I'm pretty sure you have to be a resident of Lexington not surrounding counties.

If anyone wants to fish it though... I could probably hook you up....
    Yall know, anything for a friend for a fee :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I live 10 min from there and every time I run out to Jacobson Park to kill time I get wood looking across the road and NEVER see a boat on the lake. I knew a guy who used to play minor league ball for the Braves and he knew a guy who was a member there. They drifted for cats from one end to the other and were catching monsters. Would be nice to hook-up the Outlaw after work and troll around for a few hours. can you fish it at night??? If I get the itch to fish now I go to Stoner but she is going downhill for some reason.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Can't fish it at night.
    I know Don, (DJD) caught a monster out of there a couple years ago. I think it was like a 20-30 pound flathead.
    I take my son out there jug fishing every once in a while and we usually do pretty good. Haven't caught any monsters yet. Biggest cat I caught was on a crankbait while fishing with SMLJAW that was 10-12 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

None of my business about whether or not you use a "jug" on Ellerslie but I'm a member and I was told you couldn't do that because it violated a state law that 'jugging" is restricted to lakes of at least 500 acres.Lake Ellerslie is around 150 acres,more or less.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the list about 5 years or so....got my call earlier this month and met with the officers of the club this past week....as soon as the board votes next weekend, I'm in.

I'm pretty stoked about it. It's a fishing-only lake, no pleasure boating, idiots on jetskis, etc. Everyone has to be recommended by existing members, go through an interview, and criminal background check. It's 5-10 minutes from my driveway, through the security gate, to the boat ramp. Now I'm going to have to procure a 14' jon boat, 5HP outboard, stout trolling motor, batteries, and simple fish finder with temp gauge...and the whole thing has got to fit in my ridiculously shallow 18'8" deep garage...and preferably cost less than $200. LOL Have you seen gas prices?

I do believe that you have to be a Fayette Co Resident to be a member. Also, you have to have been a member for at least 3 years before the bikini girls on float tubes will bring you drinks and cold towels during the summer...

Unfortunately, the fishing out there is horrible, so it's all for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting in, MrSplitshot! I'm sure you'll enjoy the access like I do (this is my 3rd year as a member). I live about 10 mins from the lake as well. That aspect is nice! Now for my 2 cents on the fishing.

Bass - Very hit and miss. April - June of 2009 was really good. The conditions were stable and the bite was hot! 15+ pounds in 5 fish was expected. Last year was a different story. The bite was off and it was tough to catch 8-10 fish after putting in the time and effort. The year has been tough because of all the rain. I'm hopeful that late May and all of June will be good... ??? Post spawn can be good if you figure them out... Ellerslie is not a numbers lake for bass. I rarely go out there and catch over 20 bass. I've done it maybe 3 or 4 times.

Walleye - Where you catch 1, you'll usually catch a few. We usually catch them on crankbaits when bass fishing. My biggest ever was 4.2. JABBO had a really good day out there last year. I think he caught about 6 from one spot. Most were 2-3 pounds.

Bluegill, Rock Bass and Warmouth - It's loaded with bluegill (average size). Catch the others from time to time. They'll usually eat a craw worm or beaver.

Crappie - It's loaded with them. Most are small and not big enough to stink a skillet. However, I did see a guy with a 1.13 out there the other day. He had 5 more that went a pounf or better. All females that had not laid eggs yet. This told me something about where the bass are, since crappie usually spawn before bass.

Catfish - I don't fish for them but know there are a bunch in there. I've seen 2 bigguns caught (8-10 pounds). 1 on a jerkbait and 1 on a crankbait.

Hybrids - Yes, you read that correctly. I've never caught one but I know they're in there! I saw a guy catch one about 7-8 pounds out there last May. Said he was jerking a rogue and almost got spooled!

Post Thanks / Like

Th jug fishing rule is no more than 50 jugs, and no trot lines or Jug lines are allowed in "Department owner/operated" lakes having less than 500 acres except those in some of the wester ky wma's.
    "E" is obviously not a Department owned or operated lake.
    Besides, we only do this about 2 days a year. most of the other time its bass fishing..

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Lake Ellerslie

No need to defend yourself, JABBO. We've all figured out that you're a serious jug fishin' guy. It's OK to admit it. No need to hide what's inside... If like catching them with jugs, cut bait, circle hook and yellow twine, that's OK... LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you caught me. I'm coming out of the proverbial closet. I am a whisker getter and Blue gill (GEEHO) man. Nothing better than chasing down jug lines and bobber fishing for skillet stinkers with your sons.
    Ya know.... I was being a little facetious but there is some thing pretty cool about seeing a jug go down and not knowing if it is a catfish, carp, bass etc.
    Kinda like opening up a present on Christmas from your Mom. Could be a pair of socks, or those coveted Parachute pants that everybody had to have in the 80's. Not to mention watching your 11 or 13 year old sons get excited.
    Like I have told you many times before...... You'll get there one of these days!