Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 35 of 35

Thread: Lake Ellerslie

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbo View Post
    Th jug fishing rule is no more than 50 jugs, and no trot lines or Jug lines are allowed in "Department owner/operated" lakes having less than 500 acres except those in some of the wester ky wma's.
    "E" is obviously not a Department owned or operated lake.
    Besides, we only do this about 2 days a year. most of the other time its bass fishing..
    Club rules prohibit jug fishing.

  2. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Yep it's a $500 dollar membership fee and an annual fee of $150 so your first year would cost $650 after that it's $150 a year. Now that's not to say that things won't increase as the years go by.
    You also have to get 2 people to sponsor you before you can get on the waiting list and that list can take up to 6 years since new members are only taken to replace vacant slots. Members can only sponsor 2 people a year and many of those guys have a waiting list of friends who want in. Thats the best I can remember and it should be accurate but you can't hold me to it. (I don't represent the club)

    GET me on the list **** it

    I took you fishin to KY

  3. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    GET me on the list **** it

    I took you fishin to KY
    Hahahahahahahah.

    I didn't realize this link was 800 years old.............

  4. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Hahahahahahahah.

    I didn't realize this link was 800 years old.............
    In those 800 years the membership fee has risen to $1K the first year ($800 initial + $200 annual). Ouch.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

  5. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    11,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    GET me on the list **** it

    I took you fishin to KY
    Hahahaha any time you wanna go is fine with me! The really good fishing is over since Summer heat has hit but fish can still be caught. We average 10 or so a piece on our little half day trips out there right now. No night fishing allowed but man if it was...... things would be so much better.
    i like it because its close to my house so I can leave my house and be at the like in 10min or less. The gas savings for an avid bass fisherman is huge! A few trips to Barren, Green or Cumberland equates to hundreds in gas for the boat and truck. At E we have that 5hp max so you can fill up a 2 gallon tank and fish about all year on that.
    The Fall bite may be a good time to come on down. I have a 16ft Tracker that works well out there.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

  6. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Palestine, Illinois, USA.
    Posts
    1,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Girls in Bikinis in float tubes taking drink orders on the lake while you fish, lol.
    I'm in search of two sponsors and $650.00
    Likes joey heller, GeoFisher liked this post

  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    At E we have that 5hp max so you can fill up a 2 gallon tank and fish about all year on that.
    .
    When did that become a rule ?? I'm used to seeing Bass Boats on the lake, and know a guy that fishes (fished ??) it out of his Bass Boat. And isn't it a rule that certain species of fish have to be released ??

  8. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    When did that become a rule ?? I'm used to seeing Bass Boats on the lake, and know a guy that fishes (fished ??) it out of his Bass Boat. And isn't it a rule that certain species of fish have to be released ??
    The 5hp gasoline engine limit has been in effect for as long as I can remember. Bass boats can use a trolling motor.

    All bass are catch & release. Last time I looked the state had okayed taking as many crappie as you want in order to get the numbers down. Crappiepappy, I dont target crappie but would gladly pick up the guest fee if you would like to give a lesson or two 🙂. Caught a 22 hybrid last week by accident. There are still some nice hybrids and walleye in there although its been a few years since they were stocked.

  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hershey102 View Post
    The 5hp gasoline engine limit has been in effect for as long as I can remember. Bass boats can use a trolling motor.

    All bass are catch & release. Last time I looked the state had okayed taking as many crappie as you want in order to get the numbers down. Crappiepappy, I dont target crappie but would gladly pick up the guest fee if you would like to give a lesson or two . Caught a 22 hybrid last week by accident. There are still some nice hybrids and walleye in there although its been a few years since they were stocked.
    Ain't no secret on catching Crappie : 1/16oz marabou Roadrunner in Pink or Chartreuse (or both) casting "over" submerged wood .... or a 1/16oz weedless ball head jig with plastic body casting "into" the submerged wood. This time of year, I'd be hitting the wood cover on banks with shaded water ... daylight til midday (or whenever the shade disappeared). The midday hours would likely be spent more productively out in open water, trolling jigs or crankbaits around baitballs (Shad schools). You'd be surprised at how small a Crappie will hit a 300 series Bandit (or similar sized cranks of other brands). You'd also be surprised at how many cats & bass you may catch doing this.

    I troll (Push) jigs at around 1mph ... and cranks at 1mph-1.5mph ... just to give you an idea of speeds generally used. (but you need a boat set up for that kind of fishing ... like mine in the attached picture) Rods in that picture are from 6' to 14' long.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170801_131357.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	17006  

  10. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips. Some days I drag a hair jig while bass fishing and pick up a few crappie. I may have to get a little more serious 🙂.

    Nice setup . . . looks efficient. The umbrella was a nice touch.

  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hershey102 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Some days I drag a hair jig while bass fishing and pick up a few crappie. I may have to get a little more serious .

    Nice setup . . . looks efficient. The umbrella was a nice touch.
    Yeah, the 'brella does come in handy some days !!

Similar Threads

  1. Lake Ellerslie
    By darealbigcatman in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
  2. Fishing Tips for Ellerslie
    By hooksetter in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 04:32 PM
  3. Lake Ellerslie
    By DJD in forum Photos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
  4. Cold Winter Lake Ellerslie
    By DJD in forum Photos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 08:07 AM
  5. How big is Lake Ellerslie
    By mybentrod in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 05:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •