Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Payneville tournament

Anyone have any info on the results of the Payneville fire dept tourn sunday? I wonder if B and L had time to catch their fish and weigh in early enough at Barren to trailer down to the river and whip all thoughs guys too. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Payneville tournament

We had 39 boats. took a little over 10 to win. Skeeter real money was given away. Everybody had a good day of fishing. about half the field brought in a limit. average wieght was around 7lbs. we raised some well needed money for the fire dept. and Meade County Jr. Bass anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I have always enjoyed fishing this tournament and mark my calender every year for it. Missed it this year because of an event with my new premie son. Although I would had missed it anyway because I fish renegade anyway. (Missed it too. Part of being a parent) In my opinion, one way to increase tournout would be to have it in September when most of the circuits are idle before the classics in october. Seems like turnout has decreased over the last eight or so years that I have fished. Would hate to see it go away because of poor attendance. Love the location, but the timing seems to be wrong for a lot of people who would show up. Money goes to a good cause, and I think more could be raised is date is changed. Just an idea and my honest opinion. AND KEEP IT ON THE RIVER

Post Thanks / Like

I will pass on the opinion to Tim. it will always be on the river at Tar Creek. The Mayor of Cloverport I will say must not like For big Tourneys to come there because he would not wave the lauch fee. Just needed to pass that on.