Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Was someone DQ'd at Pandora tourney last week?

I didn't get to fish last week, but I heard that 2 boats were caught fishing in the off-limit area. Had one guy tell me that one boat got money in the tourney? This guy got a check but left and said he heard their name called out. This is flat out not right, non favorites can be played here. They both should have been DQ'd and hopefully this is what happened. Also heard that some guy from Paradise came to the weigh in and was complaining of guys busting the no wake at Paradise. Everyone needs to abide by the no wake rule even though Paradise is questionable. The week before I was idling through Midlake before dark and some guy rips through on plane, this does nothing but give ALL of us tourney guys a bad name when most abide by the rules. I'm just not sure about any of these tourneys anymore.
    Loomis55

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Was someone DQ'd at Pandora tourney last week?

Which night was this last week? Friday or Tuesday. I know I have left early a few times, and there have been people back in there fishing. Not sure if they were in the tourney or not. Who polices this? I think they should do away with the off limits deal. Just my opinion though. Never fished in there when it was allowed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished a few tourneys this year. 2 out of Pandora the rest Chimney Rock.. I have only seen a couple of boats making asses out of them selves but the good news is they were not in the tourney. However I have seen a couple of people just not thinking at the start and not looking at where they were. A small boat collision which could be blamed on both parties and a couple boats fishing a little to close for my taste. but in all nothing major. I know the guy with KDFW and as always they are short handed seen his boat docked more than being out on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

where exactly is the off limits area

Post Thanks / Like

I fished last Tuesday night as well and heard the same thing, that 2 different boats were fishing (and they were in the tourney) back in Pandora Cove which is off-limits. Also heard that a well known tourney fisherman was seen fishing off the back of a house dock/house which we all know is against the rules. But I did not hear anyone say anything to the tourney director/s about the incidents. Have heard different stories about last Tuesday but I was in my boat while my partner weighed our fish in.
    As for the busting of no wakes, all the ones that do this know who they are and I did hear from down at the boat some loud voices in reference to this being done. Just because your boat runs 65/70 doesnt mean you need to bust through the no wakes. And by the way, even though you turn your lights off, we can still hear,see and feel you going through them even if it is dark outside!!! Good fishin everyone.........

Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line here is "HEARD" means hearsay. If you don't have first hand knowledge of violations then you are just passing on a rumor which may or may not be true. If you have first hand knowledge of a violation and do not file a protest then you have no quarrel with anyone but yourself. It amazes me how many times I have listened to tournament anglers complaining about rules violations that they "heard" about or rules violations that they witnessed and did not file a protest. Bottom line here is rumors are rampant at tournaments....otherwise known as "dock talk" and has no credibility unless a protest is filed in accordance with the tournament rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave,
    All I asked was did someone get DQ'd. I'm not passing on rumors, Fact: There were two boats fishng the off-limit areas..caught by other tourney anglers. I didn't know whether or not the anglers that witnessed it (one of which I know) turned in the violators or protested. They should have. As far as the no-wake busting, I've witnessed it myself...it's not only breaking tourney rules but also a violation of state laws not to mention VERY dangerous. Kinda hard to get any numbers or positively identify a boat running 65-70 at night. Fact: there have been numerous violations written for not burning lights at nights while fishing and running no wake zones.
    Any of the above violations SHOULD warrant a DQ. If the tourney officials were made aware, then it's a poorly ran tourney. If the guys who witnessed it didn't complain or protest by turning the violators in, then it's their fault. All in all, the point I was trying to make was in no intent to rub anybody raw, I've been fishing tourneys for 25+ years and I hold my own. I'm just particular about the tourneys I fish in (even though cheating or violations of state laws can occur in ANY tourney) and I think we as tourney fisherman should weed out these folks who continually violate tourney rules and state laws, they do give the tourney fisherman in general a bad name when most like myself are just out there enjoying the competition and relaxation.
    Loomis55

Post Thanks / Like

TO: Dave

Dave,
    First, thanks for your reply even though it slams me on my post!! Let me first start by stating, that I have also fished tournies off and on for almost 15 years now and have seen what happens to a person if they "complain" to the tournament director about people doing the above mentioned violations. They are crucified by the other local tourney fisherman, much more so now than five-ten years ago. I have fished for many years the Pandora/Chimney Rock tournies and watched the same group of guys doing all of the above just because they can. 2nd, if I was to call out the people I know and have SEEN FIRST HAND do the above mentioned things: ex: no-wake busting, fishing off docks, then the next time I show up at the tourney I can plan on fighting 8-10 people even though they know I caught them and I was the honest one. The ones doing it know they are doing it and KNOW I HAVE SEEN THEM, but they continue to do it because they know the result if i say something, I will be the one banished as a trouble maker. Next thing I know, I am branded a whiner, a&&hole, trouble maker and wont get in a tourney anywhere on Herrington. I love the sport of tournament fishing more than anyone I know and take my chances doing the right thing and trying my best. Win some, lose more but I did it fair and square either way.
    3rd, as for your "File a protest, YEH RIGHT, I HAVE ASKED THE TOURNEY DIRECTOR THIS YEAR ABOUT THE SAME GROUP OF GUYS busting
    no-wakes and fishing off-limit areas and was told that UNLESS they catch them themselves(hard to do since they fish the tourney at the same time which i dont blame them) or the Water patrol catch them, their is nothing they can do. Kinda hard to complain to much, if the tourney directors get tired of the hassle and quit, then what, whos gonna step in and take over??
    To finish, I applaud tourney directors not only on Tuesday and Friday at Pandora but anywhere on any lake that take on the task of running a tourney. All my point was and is, is simple:: Do the right thing, abide by the rules and dont take a chance of getting someone hurt due to carelessness. NO RUMERS OR DOCK TALK THERE, first hand knowledge, sorry, I should have been more clear. Last Tuesday I fished midlake and watched 3 boats bust through, same 2 bullets and same Stratos that always do it week in and week out unless water patrol is known to be on the water. As for the fishing off the dock, also seen him do it and he knows I have seen him. Funny how last year and the years before he always spoke to me and we chatted. NOW, he doesnt even look my way or speak because he knows I have seen what he and his partner are doing. AGAIN, this "tourney fisherman" has been fishing for years and knows better, but I am not going to lose my chance at getting to fish tournies without having to worry about someone destroying my boat or my truck first chance they get. Its not worth it, so I keep fishing tournies because I love it and I let the other stuff work itself out, even if it doesnt. Thanks and I wont bother commenting on here anymore, again, to much trouble and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Bottom line here is "HEARD" means hearsay. If you don't have first hand knowledge of violations then you are just passing on a rumor which may or may not be true. If you have first hand knowledge of a violation and do not file a protest then you have no quarrel with anyone but yourself. It amazes me how many times I have listened to tournament anglers complaining about rules violations that they "heard" about or rules violations that they witnessed and did not file a protest. Bottom line here is rumors are rampant at tournaments....otherwise known as "dock talk" and has no credibility unless a protest is filed in accordance with the tournament rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TO: Dave

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjigman View Post
    Dave,
    First, thanks for your reply even though it slams me on my post!! Let me first start by stating, that I have also fished tournies off and on for almost 15 years now and have seen what happens to a person if they "complain" to the tournament director about people doing the above mentioned violations. They are crucified by the other local tourney fisherman, much more so now than five-ten years ago. I have fished for many years the Pandora/Chimney Rock tournies and watched the same group of guys doing all of the above just because they can. 2nd, if I was to call out the people I know and have SEEN FIRST HAND do the above mentioned things: ex: no-wake busting, fishing off docks, then the next time I show up at the tourney I can plan on fighting 8-10 people even though they know I caught them and I was the honest one. The ones doing it know they are doing it and KNOW I HAVE SEEN THEM, but they continue to do it because they know the result if i say something, I will be the one banished as a trouble maker. Next thing I know, I am branded a whiner, a&&hole, trouble maker and wont get in a tourney anywhere on Herrington. I love the sport of tournament fishing more than anyone I know and take my chances doing the right thing and trying my best. Win some, lose more but I did it fair and square either way.
    3rd, as for your "File a protest, YEH RIGHT, I HAVE ASKED THE TOURNEY DIRECTOR THIS YEAR ABOUT THE SAME GROUP OF GUYS busting
    no-wakes and fishing off-limit areas and was told that UNLESS they catch them themselves(hard to do since they fish the tourney at the same time which i dont blame them) or the Water patrol catch them, their is nothing they can do. Kinda hard to complain to much, if the tourney directors get tired of the hassle and quit, then what, whos gonna step in and take over??
    To finish, I applaud tourney directors not only on Tuesday and Friday at Pandora but anywhere on any lake that take on the task of running a tourney. All my point was and is, is simple:: Do the right thing, abide by the rules and dont take a chance of getting someone hurt due to carelessness. NO RUMERS OR DOCK TALK THERE, first hand knowledge, sorry, I should have been more clear. Last Tuesday I fished midlake and watched 3 boats bust through, same 2 bullets and same Stratos that always do it week in and week out unless water patrol is known to be on the water. As for the fishing off the dock, also seen him do it and he knows I have seen him. Funny how last year and the years before he always spoke to me and we chatted. NOW, he doesnt even look my way or speak because he knows I have seen what he and his partner are doing. AGAIN, this "tourney fisherman" has been fishing for years and knows better, but I am not going to lose my chance at getting to fish tournies without having to worry about someone destroying my boat or my truck first chance they get. Its not worth it, so I keep fishing tournies because I love it and I let the other stuff work itself out, even if it doesnt. Thanks and I wont bother commenting on here anymore, again, to much trouble and drama.
    As far as boats busting a no wake zone...a camera would solve that problem of proof if the tournament director is requiring it...as far as not filing a protest because you fear for your well being...then that is your decision...I guess all the folks that are fishing this tournament do not care whether or not someone is breaking the rules...if as you say everyone is going to chastise you and maybe beat you up or destroy your property for filing a protest for rules broken. It comes back to this again...if you don't stand up for yourself and file a protest when you know the rules are being broken...then you have no reason to complain.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TO: Dave

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjigman View Post
    Dave,
    What amazes me is why would anyone want to fish a tourney where they know their at a disadvantage because some follow the rules and others don't?? I love fishing them also but only if it is a level playing field.

Post Thanks / Like

Herrington last night was very interesting. The tourney guys did well but the pleasure boats???? I seen two that I thought for sure were going to run me over or put me in the water (in the no wake zone). I would have busted a no wake zone just to get away from them if I had to. Oh yeah it was 3 pleasure boats. Good job!!