Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing For Kids fishing Derby (Fagan Branch)

On July 26, 2008 at Fagan Branch Lake (City of Lebanon) Fishing For Kids/Mid Kentucky Bass Anglers are having a kids fishing derby and casting kids contest all kids are welcome. The casting kids are for age groups 7-14 only, The Fishing For Kids Casting contest is for ages 3-16, but there will events for all ages. There will be fishing seminars as well as casting demonstrations’ from bass anglers. The event will start at 8:00 am and last until 3:00 pm or until the fish stop biting. This will be a family event so the whole family is invited. Food such as hotdogs and chips will be provided but it will be asked that you bring your own (Non-alcoholic) refreshments. There will be prizes (tackle packs, fishing poles, books, posters and awards) and much more handed out at each event held.
    Other activities: National Guard Rock Climbing Wall, FLW Bass Boat Simulator and Fun Zone, Hiking/ Nature walk and trophies given for biggest fish (kids fishing tournament) and casting Contest.

For those out there with boats that would like to help take some kids fishing please feel free to contact me via phone or email (see below).

. ***Attn*** We need as many kids lifejackets brought with each person bringing a boat or parent that has a lifejacket for there kids already.
    Anyone wanting to contribute (hotdogs, buns, fishing supplies, etc.) to our event please let me know ASAP. Estimated of around 300 - 500 kids at this event.

Rain moves the event to Sunday the 27th the same time.

Thanks for your support.

Eddie Goode
    FISHING FOR KIDS
    Regional Director
    Cell# 502-541-1918
    Home# 270-865-3017
    Ship to Address
    945 St. Francis Road
    St. Francis, KY. 40062
    www.fishingforkids.net
    egoode@fishingforkids.net
    or Mid Ky Bass Anglers site: http://www.kentuckybassanglers.com

Directions…

►From Center Square (Lebanon, Ky), drive one block south on KY 55/Spalding Ave. to light (U.S. 68/Main St.).

►Turn right onto U.S. 68/Main St. and drive 2 miles to light.

►Turn left onto KY 208/Cemetery Rd. and drive .4 miles.

►Turn right onto KY 208 continuation and drive 3.7 miles.

►Turn left onto KY 2744 and drive approximately 100 yards.

►Turn right onto Sportsman’s Lake Rd. and drive 2.1 miles and the entrance to the Fagan Branch Reservoir is on the left.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing For Kids fishing Derby (Fagan Branch)

Eddie, Good luck with your up-coming event, I know it will be great, You can count on me to be there next year and i'll try and bring others.
    Rex Allen
    Richmond Ky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trex1 View Post
    Eddie, Good luck with your up-coming event, I know it will be great, You can count on me to be there next year and i'll try and bring others.
    Rex Allen
    Richmond Ky.
    Thanks Rex,

Jeremy and are newly appointed East Ky Director (Tony Young) will be there at your event to represent Fishing For Kids and to assist you with what ever needs to be done. Jeremy has some reels and goodies to pass out to the kids. Let me know how it all goes.
    Thanks
    Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

BUMP on a log

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who can help out with suppling a boat for the Kids to fish out of show up at the lake. This is a Trolling motor only lake so you won't be using any gas from your boat....Only got to use the gas from your tow vehicle to get your boat to the Lake.... See you all there on Saturday morning, before 8:00 am..... Let's all pitch in and help Eddie with the event...... I'm going to do my part......

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck at the "KIDS DERBY"
    top!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a total of 143 kids turn out for the Fishing for Kids event at Fagan Branch Lake on Saturday. Our winners for the Fishing for kids Casting contest are as follows: Brayden Thompson in 3-5 age group, Ashton Lanham in 6-9 age group, Buddy Bell in 10-12 age group, and Morgan Edelen in 13-16 age group. For the BASS Casting Kids competition the winners are in the 7-10 age group Keaton Vaughn and in 11-14 age group Shelby Goode. Michael Thomas Bertrand had most fish with 18 weighing 3 lbs 26 oz. Hunter Livers had big fish of the day with a weight of 1 lb 94 oz. Congratulation to all of you for your hard work and we hope you had a alot of fun.

Thanks to all of the sponsor's, and people that donated to the event without your help none of this would have been possible for the kids. They really enjoyed themselves and you made that possible. Thanks to all of the volunteers who came out and helped as well, again without your help this event would not have been possible. Thanks to the Mid Ky Bass Anglers for bringing their boats out and the many other boaters. All of the children are looking forward to next year already so if anyone would like to be a part of this wonderful event please let myself know. Thanks again to everyone.

Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Eddie. That's amazing! I'm sure you need a week now to rest uo. I'll be around next year to help.
    Our dates are set for next year. Wilgreen Juniors Only Tournament: June 6/7 2009. This will be our 10th. so it will be special.
    Rex Allen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trex1 View Post
    Great job Eddie. That's amazing! I'm sure you need a week now to rest uo. I'll be around next year to help.
    Our dates are set for next year. Wilgreen Juniors Only Tournament: June 6/7 2009. This will be our 10th. so it will be special.
    Rex Allen
    Rex,

Thanks for the reply, Yea we were hoping for more kids but we actually had just enough to keep everybody and every event busy all day. Not sure on the date just yet. Fun was had by all old and young.

Thanks
    Eddie Goode

FishingFor Kids