Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow

How is the night bite at dale right now? Was going to norris but may go to dale hollow instead. Which lake shoukd I go to.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by livewell View Post
    How is the night bite at dale right now? Was going to norris but may go to dale hollow instead. Which lake shoukd I go to.
    Don't know when you are going but I am heading to Dale for 3 nights starting Thursday and will report when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

El nuts-

Are you headed down by yourself? I am 90% sure that I am headed down on Thursday for 3 nights as well. Haven't been down there since Feb when I meet you guys for a float and fly trip.

Post Thanks / Like

My report is a little over a week out dated but the same pattern should still be on. Put in at Cedar Hill at a little before dark. Water temps were around 83 when we put in. Pretty tuff night overall but did manage to get a few. Started out with a walking bait but no takers so I moved on to the jig. Didn't see any action till around 10:00 pm and had a big thump. Drag screamed for about 3 seconds straight and then pulled off. We had several pull off for some reason. Caught three unders between 10:00 and midnight. Between 1:00am and 3:00 am caught one 19.5 incher and a couple more fish in the slot. All of the fish came from main lake creek mouths and points. Rocky banks were the key for us and we couldn't get a bite in the grass. I heard some other people say they only could catch fish in the grass so who knows? Our fish came from a variety of depths but the bigger fish came in 15ft to 25ft. Left a little after 3:00am. Here are a couple of our slot fish

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc58/WacoWildcat/SANY0014.jpg[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc58/WacoWildcat/SANY0016.jpg[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc58/WacoWildcat/SANY0017.jpg[/COLOR]

If I was picking between those lakes, I would fish Dale. Good luck to you guys when you go, and let us know how the bite is when you get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Dale last Friday evening. Didn't fish the main lake during daylight due to boat traffic all over the places that I wanted to fish. Went out on main lake at dark and didn't have a bite until I found some grass. Caught 4within 20 minutes of finding the grass and then they quit. Moved over to a main lake rocky point and caught 2 and then caught another off of a rocky ledge. Nothing over 18" in the bunch but was happy to get in to a few. Both patterns seemed to work okay. All fish came on a jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunpilot View Post
    El nuts-

Are you headed down by yourself? I am 90% sure that I am headed down on Thursday for 3 nights as well. Haven't been down there since Feb when I meet you guys for a float and fly trip.
    I am fishing with my Buddy Cliff on Thursday night and he is returning Friday morning and then my brother in law and his Dad is meeting me at the hotel and fishing Friday and Saturday nights. Call me if you need anything, 520-226-0935. I don't have cell service on the lake but do in Burkesville where we are staying.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishin dale hollow alot here lately. Fishing has been pretty good for us, and I hope it continues. Im coming down again sat night for a lil fishin. Same pattern has been holding up for me the past 2 months. The only diffrence is that the bigger fish seem to be holding in grass more and that they are gradually moving a little deeper, which is expected. They cant stay shallow all year...lol fish seem to be in 15 ft- 25ft in grass with some fish on rocky and pea - gravel points. 2 Baits is all I have been throwing... Jig-n-pig and paca craw. Those 2 baits have been producing some good fish. I have been using a 1/2 jig to get through the grass better and they have been killing it..... when you get bit on the paca craw they dont let go.... This weekend I would throw a natural color due to the full moon. Hope you do good on your trip elwood and livewell. Had 11 last thursday night!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman0625 View Post
    I have been fishin dale hollow alot here lately. Fishing has been pretty good for us, and I hope it continues. Im coming down again sat night for a lil fishin. Same pattern has been holding up for me the past 2 months. The only diffrence is that the bigger fish seem to be holding in grass more and that they are gradually moving a little deeper, which is expected. They cant stay shallow all year...lol fish seem to be in 15 ft- 25ft in grass with some fish on rocky and pea - gravel points. 2 Baits is all I have been throwing... Jig-n-pig and paca craw. Those 2 baits have been producing some good fish. I have been using a 1/2 jig to get through the grass better and they have been killing it..... when you get bit on the paca craw they dont let go.... This weekend I would throw a natural color due to the full moon. Hope you do good on your trip elwood and livewell. Had 11 last thursday night!

Thanks for the report Greg. Planning on hitting my favorite rocky points for the spawning crayfish bite and deeper grassbeds for the rest. Taking 5 rods, 2 tied up with jigs, 1 with C Rig and my favorite is tied up with Big Colorado Spinnerbait, last rod is for topwater just in case. Looking forward to it for it will by first night trip of the year and there won't be too many this year after that. Meeting with the surgeon on July 29th and going back under the knife in late August if I can stand the pain that long, another hernia operation coming up. Passed 8 kidney stones the past 6 weeks and busted another hernia while trying to pass one of them a few weeks back. Having it done at UK this time for the quacks at St Joe have cut on me enough. Hoping to be healed by FNF season.

Post Thanks / Like

U got to get better so we can get our jiggle on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebassman30 View Post
    U got to get better so we can get our jiggle on!
    Just cancelled my trip for this weekend. Hernia has moved to the left some towards my "Still Open Wound that has been open since October 5th". Pain has gotten worse and worse today and considering heading to the hospital but they won't do anything but tell me to see a surgeon, which I am going to do but not until July 29th. Looks like my night fishing will have to wait until next year. Next to floating the fly, slow rolling big night spinnerbaits and dragging jigs at Dale Hollow is my next favorite way to fish. I might as well sell my boat and all my stuff since I can't get to enjoy it. Poor pittiful me, I am now off my soapbox. ***** to cancel a trip due to health problems.