Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

fluorescent fluorocarbon ?

ok guy's i've never been a thread starter , but here goes ! i see these posts on the fluorecent braids , am i the only 1 wondering why someone hasn't came out with a fluorecent fluorocabon ? there has to be a reason or it would already be out there . i'm thinking of dyeing some and trying it , what's gonna happen ? wash off ? looking for some opinions ..........

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fluorescent fluorocarbon ?

I was told that Yozuri Hybrid Flourocarbon in Smoke Purple will glow under a blacklight. I would not know personally because I called Yozuri corporate office in Florida and they sent me to some place in New York to which I bought 2 rolls. They shipped me "Smoke", I called them back and told them of their mistake, shipped back the 2 rolls and they returned 2 rolls of "Smoke". I call back again and the owner of the place tells me that Smoke and Smoke Purple is the same. It clearly is not, to which I told him in not so many words and after calling the corporate office again and them calling New York, my money was refunded. I do have 2 nice new rolls of Smoke, that I will never use. This was done after calling all the "Local" retailers of Yozuri all over Ky and nobody has the purple. So if you can find it, let me know.

My guess is that you will have a hard time in dyeing some since water won't penetrate it, I don't see how the die will either. Just a thought but if it works, market it up and make a million. I for one would love to see Flourescent Flourocarbon and would buy it in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the main reason I haven't tried flurocarbon. .. I mostly night fish and don't have enough setups to keep a "day" and "night" set.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know why they hadnt made any yet...but when they do i know ill be waitin in line to get some spools

Post Thanks / Like

It's my understanding they made alot of flourocarbon line to be uv resistant. Flourocarbon lines have a "refractive index very close to that of water". Because of these things it will not show up good in UV light black lights. I use P Line Halo flourocarbon alot and it's a lime green color... Doesn't show at all in the blacklight. I think Cabelas has a new flourocarbon that is a bright pink. It maybe worth a look in the blacklight.

Post Thanks / Like

Pline has a fluorocarbon coated line that is flourescent. I have not tried it but it says on the package blacklight visible. I have thought about trying it but mostly use the old stand-by BPS excel clear blue. I also explained it to the lady this year that i had to buy extra reels with daytime line and night time line! maybe you should just try that Good luck and let us know how it is if you try the pline.

Post Thanks / Like

I take it that you have not checked Bass Pro Shops. They are showing it available in there online catalog.

Post Thanks / Like

that's the line i currently use , p-line cx premium in fluoroescent , and to me it just fishes like monofilament . it's the best fluorescent line i've used though , just add a little reel magic occasually and it stays good and straight................

Post Thanks / Like

I use the p-line cx premium in fluorescent also. I use it for spinner baits, texas rigs, & c-rigs. I don't think it has the casting distance as the normal p-line. It's not bad but I can tell a difference. This normally doesn't effect me because I'm usually not trying to cast a country mile during the night. I really like everything else about it though. It's the best fluorescent line that I've tried.

Post Thanks / Like

youzuri hybrid in smoke will glow under a blacklight, It glows kind of purple, and doesent glow as bright as regular mono, but is definatly enough to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Evidently, somebody passed this along to somebody at Yo-Zuri for I had a guy named Ray email me a several times today and he works for Yo-Zuri. To make 5 emails short plus to clear up all the CONFUSION between the store in New York, various Distributors in Ky, and Yo-Zuri's very own website:

There is no such line as Yo-Zuri Hybrid in Smoke Purple, even though the color is shown on the website, their representative at the corporate office, the guy at the place in New York that I bought 2 rolls from, the 2nd guy in New York that took back my original order and then sent me back the same thing, and the subsequent owner of the company in New York that sent me 2 "wrong" orders of line all said there was a Smoke Purple color that I was told glows under the blacklight. As stratos294 states, plus this guy named Ray, that obviously did not like me putting his product down states, Smoke is the color that you need and it glows a purple color under the blacklight. My only guess is that this is true for stratos294 says it does as does Ray. I now have 2 rolls to test it out on, the same 2 I have had in my basement since last year, when and if I ever get to go night fishing this year. Just to clear up the controversy that I evidently started on this post. Have a good day for I have no problem calling a spad a spade and standing corrected when done so. I am now corrected to the Smoke and Smoke Purple issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not understand why a person would use floro at night, except for the feel as it does transmite bites better. It would seem to me that if floro was made to glow that that would take away from its invisabiliy properties. I use Pline floro clear on most my rigs but do not think it glows under a blacklight. If sensitivity was the reason then use a flororesent braid. I like to feel my bites but it sure is exciting seeing the big blue streak coming back toward you at night when one is running back toward the boat.