Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

10 cent per gallon tax increase on fuel?

Democrats in Congress shot down the gas tax holiday but are considering an increase instead. That makes alot of sense, that's really trying to help the economy huh? Last year Senator Dingle (democrat) proposed a 50 cent tax increase per gallon another (Global Warming imposed tax).
    That's your additional tax dollars and mine so think about things and don't get caught up in the Obamamania! Just think if both of these bills pass? Are you ready for another 60 cent per gallon tax? Heck even Hillary agreed with the tax holiday. What gives??
    Google it! 10 cent per gallon tax increase and see what comes up. This is not the change we need is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10 cent per gallon tax increase on fuel?

Well how else is the democrats in charge going to show the American people how to live. And do as they want to tell everyone how to live and pay what they say is needed out of our paychecks.

Post Thanks / Like

Gas holiday was a joke. That tax goes to help build/rebuild our infastructure (roads, etc.). The holiday MIGHT have saved folks $30 over the "holiday". It would have done more damage to roads.

Will have to check on the new tax as I had not heard about it yet. Guess with the tax and borrow deal we've had for the last 7 years, we gotta pay it back some time.

Msg, repubs also want to show you how to live.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew,
    Your right about the tax holiday. The money would have to come from somewhere and Hillary wanted to get the big oil companies to pay for the difference. The additional taxes pending on the gas is slated for the roads and building of such.
    I'm not a huge fan of either party especially their nominees but thats what we got. That term of being between a rock and a hard spot comes to mind.
    Heck, that tax holiday would have saved us thousands with the trucks we run at work. Imagine the savings for workers who fill up twice a week with those big V8's or the boaters? We are in a mess for sure.....

Post Thanks / Like

The road running past my subdivision was supposed to have been widened this year. That, and many other road projects in Kentucky have been put on hold indefinitely due to lack of funds. It's been pointed out what terrible condition I-65 is in between Louisville and E'town. All over Kentucky, indeed all over America, infrastructure is crumbling from neglect. It takes money to fix this stuff. Yes, a tax increase with prices already so high might not be a good idea, and it's surely going to have a hard time passing. But I don't see how we can justify a tax holiday, either, with our roads in such terrible shape.

Post Thanks / Like

1st off I have not heard or read anything about any Dem wanting to increase the tax on gasoline anywhere in the USA or the US Territories.

The price of gas is high enough now. Dingle is a pretty smart guy and if anything he will try to protect his home state of Detroit where GM is located.

GM will be coming out with electric powered cars soon. They won't need a drop of gasoline. Honda already has introduced the new Hydrogen Fuel Cell Powered car in California. Jamie Lee Curtis is leasing one now.

The GOP has figured out that a lot of Americans are not figuring that out. That is why the SPEND and run up huge deficits. Then when the voters finally get tired of them they can blame the Dems when they finally get back in office. Someone has to pay the BOOKIES.

The Dems being the responsible folks they are have to pay off the GOP debts. That's hard to do when you increase the size of the military, buy more airplanes, tanks and ships and then cut the taxes to the biggest tax payers in the country.

Well it's time for the rich and privileged to pay again. They are going to have to pay for Bush's spending spree.

The credit cards were maxed out under Bush/Cheney. And if we put McCain in there he too will charge more money on the US Credit card.

Remember when Bush's father said: "Read my lips, no more taxes!"

Then he turned around and increase our taxes.

That why the campaign saying. "It's the Economy Stupid" worked so well that year.

The rich have no clue what it's like to have to work up a sweat. They have maids, butlers and gardeners for that type of work. We would not want the mistress to break a nail or the man to get a blister on his big toe. It might have an adverse effect on his golf game. BTW. Whens tea time? LOL'

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Gas holiday was a joke. That tax goes to help build/rebuild our infrastructure (roads, etc.). The holiday MIGHT have saved folks $30 over the "holiday". It would have done more damage to roads.

Will have to check on the new tax as I had not heard about it yet. Guess with the tax and borrow deal we've had for the last 7 years, we gotta pay it back some time.

Msg, repubs also want to show you how to live.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Moose,
    You can google the 10 cent gas tax item and while your at it check out Dingle's 50 cent tax as well. It's true. His motives are right up the alley of the Global Warming believers which of course justifies everything....in his dreams.

I hope more auto manufactures do the same bring out the alternative fuel source cars!!

Post Thanks / Like

We also in Ky have a mand gas tax that goes up automatically every so often, do not know how often. But our roads are real bad and basically all our infastucsure is in bad repair, wish I had spellck, tax here tax there tax everywhere and notinhg gets fixed, and with both sides in our state leg fighting and whinning and other bs we cannot get anything done in this state. It is a shame that the last peice of leg that was passed was about licence plates. Our reps are not representing us very well but they keep on getting elected and not from my vote. Seems like some in Ky do not want change that must be why the smae ole same ole get reelected year after year. Go ahead tax me till I am bankrupt, poor and dead, then tax my family after I am dead,to make sure that they cant survive, so the rich can become richer and poor can go without working but the working class carries all the burdens for all. Maybe we should all quite working for a while and see how things go then. Sorty for the rant. I just get fed up with TAX TAX TAX TAX and no returns for my donation.

Post Thanks / Like

Point taken. I don't want to see funding (taxes) cut, but raising them isn't necessarily the answer, either. We could probably get our infrastructure back in shape if only we'd spend the money we have more wisely. Like that's gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like

No dont raise the gas tax, when the roads fall apart, and our vechicles are so beaten up by pot holes, that we cany use them, the energy crisis will be solved! Uh what is the major component of asphalt. hmmmm.Why not just use cement?Oh it takes too much energy. Guess were in a pickle here, why not just borrow the money from the chinese?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you hear about the wonderful DNC? They felt above the law and took special pricing given to local city vehicles to the tune of 10K in fuel while in Denver, Colorado since the beginning of the year. They felt that in order to save money for the party that they should not pay the 40 cent per gallon tax of local/federal taxes. Why not? If it helps the local economy why not pay? Since when did they become above every law or tax that exists?
    One of their claims is that they had to insure the gas wasn't tainted in the name of safety? Is that a problem? Anywhere? They have been caught and claim that they will pay the back taxes...yeah right!
    Remember this is the party that said we cannot have a break on fuel taxes but they can? Source CNN Headline News Channel (Glenn Beck). Look it up...
    Wonder if they are going to drive alternative fuel vehicles to the Convention??? I bet the answer is NO! But everyone else should and I bet Al Gore will because he is a man of honor....hhmmm no he won't either he proved that with his last Global Warming speech! This is crazy, do as I say but don't do as I do. Ok all you Liberals go drink that koolaid so you forget what you just read.**smile** hagd
    Last edited by DJD; 07-24-2008 at 07:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: 10 cent per gallon tax increase on fuel?

Dj, that kool aid you keep refering to, that was 1978, were you so traumatized by that event or is it a " new" conservative catch phrase? It sounds sort of like government of old people to me!How about "what wuz, wuz, what is , is". If you really want to go back, how about the "glory that was rome", hmmm sounds like "polly want a cracker" talk to me.