Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Who are we fighting?

This hokum about winning an election, and losing a war is BS. We hung thier president, disbanded thier army, wrecked most of the infastructure, what more do we need to do to show we won?Eat thier kids and sell thier wives into bondage?If we start killing them, we charge our own soldiers with criminal conduct.If we need to do more, what is it? Our CinChief declared victory 3 yrs ago. Our war hero veep[in cognito war hero], had the ground strwn with rose petals, and it still dosn't tell us anything?WE WON!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who are we fighting?

Could'nt agree more, lets come home.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they hung their own Pres?

I'm cold hearted when it comes to confirmed war criminals if we have them and need to torture them for intell so be it. I feel that someone who is not an American should not get the American Citizen treatment of innocent until proven guilty. Also treat the confirmed terrorist as they treat our men and women in captivity..pull out the sword and end it when needed. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with DJD. If we have to use a little different method to get info and it saves American lives military or civilian, than so be it.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys could run the Spanish Inquisition

What we do to them.... they to do your soldiers when they are captured.

Even Saladin showed mercy during some battles according to the historians.

When you treat the foe as non human you run the risk of becoming less than human.

Iraq was a war that was not necessary. We were the aggressors and the entire world has condemned us for this aggression.

When any one country attacks another country then they are the aggressors.

I don't care what Hitler said he invaded Austria and then later attacked Poland. He was claiming it was in defense of Germany similar to what Bush said when we invaded Iraq. Bush claimed it was to protect our freedom. Hello? We are thousands of miles away from Iraq. What happened in the middle east did nothing to the USA. But Bush won't admit that the war was for oil. We invaded Iraq to steal the oil so that we can maintain our lifestyle. And it's not working. Oil is not reaching the market place from Iraqi oil fields in sufficient numbers to reduce the price of oil. I would venture the idea that by invading Iraq we have reduce the worlds flow of oil and thus raised the price of oil and everything that's related to oil.

PS: people who are tortured will say anything to get away from the torture. They will even lie or make stuff up. Under the pain of torture they will say anything.

McCain is a prime example of what happens to people who have undergone torture and long term confinement in isolation. He flip flops back an forth just like he must have done when he was held captive by his jailers in Vietnam.

BTW: the Vietnamese Jailer who keep McCain in prison for 4 1/2 years said he would vote for McCain. So McCain has the Vietnamese vote. Not so sure that's a good thing IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    I have to agree with DJD. If we have to use a little different method to get info and it saves American lives military or civilian, than so be it.

Post Thanks / Like

how did we get into torture?That wasn't the theme of my thread. If we believe war crim,inals should be hung, and evidently you guys believe that, what aboutt he leader of the country of darfur?Wanna bet nothing happens. Why? because the arab league would protest, and say they will cut off the oil.How is it,when a bunch of iraqi guerillas run into a mosque, we need to stop,and wring our hands, and when they blow up a christian church, with refugees in it, we watch?You know if we change the rules of the game, give them 5 strikes, and us two, guess what?

Post Thanks / Like

On most things I can "agree to disagree," but when it comes to using torture, I don't think there's any room for argument. Torture is wrong, and is totally contrary to everything America stands for. It does not make us more secure. More importantly, if we sink to that level, we become no better than those we're fighting against.