Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farm Pond tips???

White Zoom....and Mepps #3 With Silver Blade And White Skirt...just Got Home From Smokin Them .we Caught About 35 Fish.big Fish 8.5 Lbs. And Several 5-6 Lbs. Great Night In The Farm Pond.now All We Need Is Some Frog Leggs And Let The Fry Begin!! If You Need Your Frogs Removed Let Me Know.

Post Thanks / Like

I like subtle simple presentation in a pond depending on cover. 1/8 oz pegged or screw-in bullet or weightless straight worm 6"....green pumpkin...night crawler-like. If you got a lot of wood or rock cover go with a 4/10 fireline or braid. Let it fall slow in those key areas or fish it till you find them.

If the water has very little vegitation and is really stained, go with purple or black color.

Let's face it no pressure, they can't go anywhere... something slow and natural is going to rule.

Post Thanks / Like

go with a fluke-watermelon seed or a tiki stick. Nothing better in shallow ponds and I mean nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the Crazy Crawler? Find you one, and go there about midnight. The big fish will find you. It outfishes a jitterbug 10 to one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldyota View Post
    Alright so I'm going fishing this afternoon at my buddy's farm pond... It's a 11 acres lake and is full of bass.... My problem is that I'm looking for the hawgs, not the 1 & 2 lber's... The buddy always throws a spinner bait and I always throw the 10" inch power worm..... The buzz bait bite used to be on fire, but now the fish won't even look at it... It's fairly swallow lake about 4' on average with a couple of deeper holes by the **** area... I've found some nice fish hanging on cover, but we have also caught a few in the middle, I guess there must be some kind of submerged cover out there.. Anybody out there got any good tips on farm ponds that I'm overlooking or not even thinking about... Thanks in advance... Hopefully I will able to post some pics tomorrow....

Oldyota
    I've been having great success in ponds and small private lakes using motr oil or purple powerbait worms with 3/0 offset hooks on 12 lb Fireline. I recently caught 2 5 lbers within 10 minutes of each other with this setup. Let it sink to the bottom and let it stay still for a minute or so before SLOWLY hopping it back to the boat. Good luck and post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Well sorry it took me so long to respond to my original question... I appreciate everyone who responded, I really never thought I would get 16 opinions.. Thanks everyone again......

So I went to the pond Thursday afternoon and it was dead calm out... Started off with a 5" power hawg and nothing, I had one hit and didn't get to set on the fish... Then switched to the 10" pumpkin seed and this time I got a few hits but they were small fish... my partner was throwing a small buzz bait & a pop-r and caught 4 small ones about 1-2 lb'ers. So I then went to a 10" lizard and caught a small fish as well, then it turned off about 8:00pm... No bites at all after that... We fished the banks, all down cover, rocks, and a mud flat, with no big ones.... I wish I would have thrown a weightless fluke like everyone said above... It's definitely on the pole ready for next time... So natural presentation on calm days in the consensus for farm ponds... Thanks fellas the mental note is made and I will try it out the next time.. Any other big fish tips???