Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry I'm Seriously considering leaving

I posted a copy and paste concerning Senator Obama that was deleted. I sent an e-mail to Peter asking why.

Another member of this board has posted MULTIPLE C and P's critical of the Republican party that remain on the board. Double standard? If so, goodby fellows, it was nice to know ya.

If one viewpoint can stand and mine cannot, then I guess I'm not allowed an opinion.

I further acknowledge that this board is not for political discussion. If that is truely the case then delete ALL POSTS that violate this rule and not just mine.

OK I'm taking my ball on going home!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm Seriously considering leaving

Man I hope it was a misunderstanding. Did it have some serious slamming? I missed it. So far things have been fair...at least I think so. It should be allowed to go both ways and I have seen some posts get deleted that went to far, did this one?
    Don't take your ball! We need it.

Post Thanks / Like

I deleted a number of threads..probably yours was included. I am not and will not tolerate personal slamming. These political posts always start out ok and then turn into slam fests....if you don't want your threads deleted..don't slam others with name calling etc...not saying you were the one doing the slamming..but some folks in the thread were doing so or it would not have been deleted. It seems to me that you folks could try to have a civil discussion without calling one another stupid, etc..etc.

If you are a part of these discussions and see a post with name calling and slamming hit the alert button and send a message to the moderators...I do not and I am sure the other moderators do not have the time to invest on the Off Topics board 10 times a day to look for inappropriate posts. If you can't live with this..time to take your ball and go home.

Post Thanks / Like

To Mister Dave Stewart:

My post was civil and did not refer to anyone ,candidates or fellow fishin.com members in any uncivil manner.

I do not have control over what others post in reply. Please delete THEIR REPLY POST AND NOT MY ENTIRE POST.

If this board is going to be cleaned up, then I suggest the Mods delete the posts from our resident Copy and Paste expert.

I have been attempting to exhort others to be respectful to the Presidential Candidates. One member of this board has continuously been disrepctful in his Titles of posts and threads. Same member that learned how to Copy and Paste

Respectfully,Mr. Stewart the ball is back your court and I haven't taken it home with me as yet.

Rest assured that I will hit the alert button on any post and/or reply that contains name calling and slamming. Consider me the new Mod on such matters.

Sincerely,

Rob Stillson a.k.a Tyme2fish

Post Thanks / Like

hey get over it, some of mine have been deleted,maybe because of the crude nature of some, guess 6 year old kids are very active readers of this board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    hey get over it, some of mine have been deleted,maybe because of the crude nature of some, guess 6 year old kids are very active readers of this board.

Amen...........mine have been deleted as well. I think I'll try to invent a product that makes peoples skin thicker especially for the kids that visit this board. I didn't know there were that many here either.........

Hope the fish are biting this weekend especially the crappie. Gotta work sat. so sunday morning will be it for me this week............

Post Thanks / Like

Make that Captain Dave Stewart or MSG Dave Stewart if you are trying to give me a title...I earned both of those.

First of all, I am happy to let you moderate the Off Topics section. I am sure you will be FAIR AND IMPARTIAL. That puts the ball back in your court. Enjoy.

If I had my way there would be no political posting on any part of this site...people tend to act like the 6 year olds mentioned when arguing politics.

Anyone else that wants to volunteer to check all these threads for slams and name calling or other board rules violations are encouraged to do so. Just hit the alert button when you think a rule violation has occurred.

P.S. Hitting an alert button does not mean something will be deleted...that decision is made by the staff.
    Last edited by Dave Stewart; 07-25-2008 at 06:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Make that Captain Dave Stewart or MSG Dave Stewart if you are trying to give me a title...I earned both of those.

First of all, I am happy to let you moderate the Off Topics section. I am sure you will be FAIR AND IMPARTIAL. That puts the ball back in your court. Enjoy.

If I had my way there would be no political posting on any part of this site...people tend to act like the 6 year olds mentioned when arguing politics.

Anyone else that wants to volunteer to check all these threads for slams and name calling or other board rules violations are encouraged to do so. Just hit the alert button when you think a rule violation has occurred.

P.S. Hitting an alert button does not mean something will be deleted...that decision is made by the staff.
    Dave, why call out everyone, when everybody knows on here there is only one trouble maker. Seriously check it out and it's civil every single time until HE get's involved. Why not just get rid of the one bad apple. The one bad apple posts garbage on here then when somebody starts saying something back in a adult manner he starts calling them BOY and stupid ect. Why punish all of us for one knucklehead is all I'm asking? Also there was nothing wrong with Tyme's post in my humble opinion and he certainly wasn't name calling or slamming. Personally I wish I could tell this individual exactly what I think of him on here or in person it makes no diffrence to me, but I've held my tongue the best I could. Thanks for your consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

There has been name calling etc..on both sides. It ends here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    There has been name calling etc..on both sides. It ends here.
    Whatever..............

Post Thanks / Like

Always interesting to me when people complain about posts being edited or deleted on message boards. The owners, operators and moderators can do anything they want on their board. Heck - they can delete posts just for the sport of it if they choose to. I'm just thankful the board is here. If a post is deleted, I shrug it off and feel grateful for the free service the board provides.

If you want complete freedom to say and do what you want, start your own board or write a blog.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful too for someplace to discuss our nations problems. The name calling and slander and such is uncalled for, just because you have a different opinoin does not warrant the name callin etc. Leave this for the politicans. Name calling etc is childness, what kind of message is benig sent to the younger people who look at this board, I do doubt that children understand the political things and probally not interested but this kind of behavior is negative. We all have difference's thats what makes us Americans and humans, every one has an opinion, and that is what makes the world go round. It is good we have these disscussions as ity shows the concerns we have for our country our freedoms and our lifes in general. No one person is right or wrong and both sides must be looked at and respected and then a compermise can be reached. It takes all kinds and ideas to make things work, just look at Washington and also Frankfort, they have been name calling and bickering so much and not compermising that it now has greatly affected our country our state, the economy and the world. Like the Beatles said years ago "we can work it out, life is very short and theres no time for fussing and fighting my friends".