Search Fishin.com

Thread: cat

Post Thanks / Like

cat

wats a good way to take a cat fish out of the water without hitting the stingers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cat

Quote Originally Posted by Boman View Post
    wats a good way to take a cat fish out of the water without hitting the stingers
    Use a net.?

Post Thanks / Like

In many catalogs they have fish gripers for just this reason. They are about $7.00 and work very well. Also they sell thick gloves but the gripper is better.

Post Thanks / Like

I like bass pro fish gripper they are about 12 bucks using a net the fins get caught in a net and you end up with a mess getting the fish out instead of fishing I do not like handeling them always seem to ge cut.

Post Thanks / Like

coax him into jumping out of the water onto the bank with a piece of chicken liver!

seriously though the larger one are easier to grab hold of than the smaller one. You can grip has mouth like a largemouth but like I said if he is to small you'll have to wrap your hand around him with his top barb between your middle finger and ring finger and tuck your other fingers behind the barbs on the side. grip tight though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaner View Post
    coax him into jumping out of the water onto the bank with a piece of chicken liver!

seriously though the larger one are easier to grab hold of than the smaller one. You can grip has mouth like a largemouth but like I said if he is to small you'll have to wrap your hand around him with his top barb between your middle finger and ring finger and tuck your other fingers behind the barbs on the side. grip tight though.
    ^this.

and don't be scared if he gets you...yea it hurts but it'll heal..just **** on the wound to get the venom out and spit it on the ground. driving a 4/0 gamakatsu through your thumb like i did this weekend hurts hella worse that a catfish barb. just gotta man up.