Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow Help

Never been there this time of year. All i know for sure is that i can probably expect some kind of night bite. I was kind of just looking for a heads up on what to look for on a map, ext. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Hollow Help

Get yourselft an Atlantic Mapping Inc. Map of Dale Hollow. It is FAR AND ABOVE a better map than the Hot Spots maps. More detail, better, contours and the feature that I like the most is the different colors on the maps representing different depths. The light blue represents the deeper water, mid dark blue show middle depths, and dark blue shows shallow depths. With Dale as clear as it is, you can just about be assured that Grass will be growing in and around the Dark Blue for sure and MOST likely the mid dark blue as well (deeper grass beds at Dale will be as deep as 20-30 feet). New moon, I target the deeper grass beds and deeper flats with big jigs and big spinnerbaits and more towards the points and rocks on the Full Moon to coincide(sp) with the crayfish spawn. Hope this is what you are looking for. I know the One Stop in Celina has both waterproof and paper Atlantic Maps of Dale and other lakes. You will not be disappointed in these maps. Dave Stewart turned me onto them a few years back and my Hot Spots never leave the house. These Atlantic maps also has exact GPS co-ordinates of ruins, culverts, ponds, and other structure that is under water before they damned up the lake. Good Luck