Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big thanks to republicans

"The deficit is projected to rise to $482 billion."
    -- Office of Management and Budget Director Jim Nussle, 7/28/08

VERSUS

"The war, unemployment costs, Medicare fees, the new housing bill bring[s] the grand total to about $600 billion."
    -- ABC News, 7/29/08

Just think..under republican leadership(chuckle cough spit) howdy doody has the 3 largest deficits in our countrys history. He certainly is going out on top Eh? .....And his own party helped him achieve this milestone in American history by not doing their jobs. Instead they were good lapdogs while this countries debt went higher and higher everyyear while claiming everything was just peachy. When you run up the credit card eventually someone has to make tough choices in how to pay for all that greed/stupidity....

I'm just glad I can still afford to go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big thanks to republicans

I think people give too much credit or blame to one person (the president).

The blame lies on the shoulders of our entire government.

The only voting I could get behind at this point would be the kind where we unilaterally vote out every incumbent systematically until they start paying attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    ...The only voting I could get behind at this point would be the kind where we unilaterally vote out every incumbent systematically until they start paying attention.
    I like that idea!

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

We could find alot of savings by cleaning up the life long politicians and government programs. Target their retirement plans and government overspending! Leave us alone! It's not our fault they made the decisions so they can decide on how to clean up their mess without costing us MORE money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    I like that idea!

Andrew
    Me to, fire'em all.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Know1. That is the problem and contionues to be. Some of our Reps, senator's congress have been in office way to long. Also did you all notice that the big oil companies released their 2nd qtr reports today, and again all reported huge profits, Exxon reported even higher than last qtr, I think around 11 Billion this time, it is the biggest profit ever reported from a major corp. Wish I had shares in big oil, would not have to work anymore. PL,I am glad you can afford to go fishing, wish I could, just had too many things go wrong this year and took my fishing money away for a while. But things will began to change as soon as this election is over. But one good thing Bush has done while in office, he signed the clean boat act, for details see BASSMASTER.com.

Post Thanks / Like

So how do we start this movement to vote them out? Maybe I should start a website....?

(I do not begrudge the oil companies their profits. The fact that we're still buying from them at nearly the same levels shows they haven't even reached the optimum price yet. It's a slippery slope to begin telling businesses what acceptable profits are. I wouldn't want them to tell a business that I owned what it can't make.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    So how do we start this movement to vote them out? Maybe I should start a website....?

(I do not begrudge the oil companies their profits. The fact that we're still buying from them at nearly the same levels shows they haven't even reached the optimum price yet. It's a slippery slope to begin telling businesses what acceptable profits are. I wouldn't want them to tell a business that I owned what it can't make.)
    I'm with you on not getting involved with questioning profits on a business. The reasons might seem justified but once that starts look out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PL View Post
    "The deficit is projected to rise to $482 billion."
    -- Office of Management and Budget Director Jim Nussle, 7/28/08

VERSUS

"The war, unemployment costs, Medicare fees, the new housing bill bring[s] the grand total to about $600 billion."
    -- ABC News, 7/29/08

Just think..under republican leadership(chuckle cough spit) howdy doody has the 3 largest deficits in our countrys history. He certainly is going out on top Eh? .....And his own party helped him achieve this milestone in American history by not doing their jobs. Instead they were good lapdogs while this countries debt went higher and higher everyyear while claiming everything was just peachy. When you run up the credit card eventually someone has to make tough choices in how to pay for all that greed/stupidity....

I'm just glad I can still afford to go fishing.
    Im an independant conservative... but your welcome anyway.
    Freedom is never free.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree that we should not tell business how much profit they should make, I am all about making money but not to the extent that it hurts others. When it comes to products that are nessacary like gas/oil/ meds/ and health care/food/utilitys then thats where some form of check needs to be made. When there are times like it is now big oil should be helping the country instead of their shareholders. Just my opinion. I would not have such a bad taste for these profits if the main suppliers for oil were not terrorist nations.

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid question from a stupid person,,,, With the gas and diesel at the level they are now is the gas tax charged by the gallon a flat cost per gallon or a percentage of the cost per gallon?

Post Thanks / Like

Good question. I wish I knew the answer to this question.

I just know that the price of a barrel of oil and a gallon of gasoline is way too high for my small budget.

I wish I could drive more without it costing me an arm and a leg.

Putting over 60 bucks worth of gas into the tank of the old truck it killing my fun.

I don't have enough money left over to buy what I really want. That Pentax 10 mega pixel digital SLR camera and lens, the Humminbird 1197 Side scanning Sonar unit and a new truck!

Thinking about donating my body for medical research to earn a few extra bucks.... nah.... I'll pass on that idea..... Who knows what the effects of those new medicines can have on the human body. Besides the Dr that heads up that program gave me a physical exam for the asbestos business and I compared his work to another doctor who gave me the same type of exam. The latter doctor didn't do a good job IMHO. So there is no way I would trust him to conduct medical experiments on this guy's body. His medical exam was rushed and inadequate at best as compared to my first doctor who did a through and excellent examination.

In any case if the tax is based on the price of gasoline sold then there should be more money in the State coffers to help fix the roads. The only problem with this is that oil is needed to make asphalt to fix the roads. And we know that as oil prices rise so does the price of asphalt. And the trucks used to haul the new asphalt to the job site have to buy the more expensive gasoline or diesel fuel to get there. So cost for building those new roadways or repairing the older roads has gone up

Barack Obama wants to give Detroit help in building newer electric hybrid cars and to help companies research and produce better batteries for these new electric cars. He wants to get the USA off foreign oil in the next ten years. If we all work together and follow his lead we can accomplish that ambiguous goal.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    Stupid question from a stupid person,,,, With the gas and diesel at the level they are now is the gas tax charged by the gallon a flat cost per gallon or a percentage of the cost per gallon?