Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Night smallie fishing-Dale Hollow

I always smallie fish at Dale, but hardly ever at night. I plan on fishing in 2 weeks and probably hit the smallies at night hard for once. So I was just wondering if anyone is willing to divulge any info on how you fish for them at night. I have thrown some jigs on the points and deep flats at night, as well as slow rolling spinnerbaits but any more suggestions? What about color preferences? Also, what depths should I concentrate on this time of year? I know my electronics well and definitely know how to find the shad if thats what everyone is focusing on. I am always out walleye fishing at night, and see some guys pounding the shore while others are fishing on points and weedbeds at least 30 foot deep. So if anyone is willing to give me info about types of baits, colors, depths and rocks or flats for structure that would be greatly appreciated.

Haha I am willing to trade walleye info, I have been filling the boat the last couple of months. My biggest this summer is a 7 and 5 pound 'eye with a 3 1/2 pound average.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Night smallie fishing-Dale Hollow

Fishman:
    I would concentrate on the long points off major creek channels. Most everyone up there is using jigs (natural colors, craw fish) and fishing 20-30' of water. Look for grass beds at this depth and SM should be holding in or outside of the grass beds. Check www.smalljaw.com. It is a great web site for fishing at Dale Hollow.
    Good luck