Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River 8-8-08

Post Thanks / Like

River 8-8-08

Heres a couple from last night.Thanks again to Mhall for helping me launch a little earlier.You have always been a nice guy on here and im glad i got to meet you.Bandit1 got 3-kicked our butts-but i threw em back in before he could get his camara ready j/k.DJD call me when you want to try and get down this way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluecat.JPG 
Views:	473 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jbluecat.JPG 
Views:	491 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	772  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: River 8-8-08

Heres another one.Oh i forgot to tell you Chuck,i was going through the shoot to go get bait and didnt realize they was discharging water there from the barge lowering.I got in a pretty bad way for a minute but hammered through it.Jason and Josh had fun...lol.

Oh and still no 60 pounder...Maybe next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2bluecat.JPG 
Views:	424 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	773  
    Last edited by fisheater; 08-09-2008 at 04:42 PM.

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE DON'T SPEAR IT. Is all I kept hearing when we went through the discharge. That was fun, I am ready to do that again. YEAH RIGHT. That scared the crap out of me. Besides that, I had a great time & met a couple good people, namely, riverrat & mhall. Thanks John for taking us down there to catch the cats that we did, I had a blast. Josh told me to tell you he had a great time to & wants us to do it again sometime, without the discharge from the lock situation though. He said he could have done without that.

Oh, yeah, John, "They just smell that way" LOL.

Thanks again,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Heres a couple from last night.Thanks again to Mhall for helping me launch a little earlier.You have always been a nice guy on here and im glad i got to meet you.Bandit1 got 3-kicked our butts-but i threw em back in before he could get his camara ready j/k.DJD call me when you want to try and get down this way.
    John,
    You bet I will! Looks like alot of fun. Seems Friday nights are when you guys are going. is that just the most convenient for you? I'll have to plan ahead a little since my daughter is with me on the weekends. Looks like I could plan something the weekend of the 8-22-08? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: River 8-8-08

Friday nights are usually the best because theres alot of catfish tournaments going on saturday nights.Theres plenty of spots on the river to fish it just seem a few of the ones i like the most are taken and i dont care for squeezing in on someone.But theres always plenty of water to drift.When the stripers start running again it will be fun no matter what day you go.If you still have my number give me a call and well see if we can make plans that weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to have met you guys to John. Chuck and I went to the upper and started great. First drift down I got a 16.3 lb Flathead. Second drift down Chuck got a 16 to 17 lb blue we didn't weigh that one but was a nice fish. Third drift down I hooked a dude but it came unbuttoned, dang it, mighta been my 60, it was large and Chuck thought it was another flat. Then we ran out of bait and Chuck threw his arms off trying to get us more. I thnik he was distracted by that Kayak bikini, lol. I caught about a million little white bass while he was throwing the net trying to get Skippies. I caught one Mooneye and he got one shad so we went back to fishing. Didn't take long to loose those bait due to the dang Gar. Thanks for getting us some more bait, it almost payed off when Chuck sit down on a moose, I think it even impressed him especailly when it started pulling us against the current from the rear of the boat. I thought of the Chief on Jaws and was gonna say, We're gonna need a bigger boat, right?? Then for whatever reason it just came off, he stuck that fish and good, no clue, but he's gone so it's just another fish story. We got a few nice hybrids also with all the whites. Fun day for sure and nice to meet all you fellas. We'll see ya down there again, who knows maybe this Friday, I think Chuck is getting tired of babysitting me though, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Nice to have met you guys to John. Chuck and I went to the upper and started great. First drift down I got a 16.3 lb Flathead. Second drift down Chuck got a 16 to 17 lb blue we didn't weigh that one but was a nice fish. Third drift down I hooked a dude but it came unbuttoned, dang it, mighta been my 60, it was large and Chuck thought it was another flat. Then we ran out of bait and Chuck threw his arms off trying to get us more. I thnik he was distracted by that Kayak bikini, lol. I caught about a million little white bass while he was throwing the net trying to get Skippies. I caught one Mooneye and he got one shad so we went back to fishing. Didn't take long to loose those bait due to the dang Gar. Thanks for getting us some more bait, it almost payed off when Chuck sit down on a moose, I think it even impressed him especailly when it started pulling us against the current from the rear of the boat. I thought of the Chief on Jaws and was gonna say, We're gonna need a bigger boat, right?? Then for whatever reason it just came off, he stuck that fish and good, no clue, but he's gone so it's just another fish story. We got a few nice hybrids also with all the whites. Fun day for sure and nice to meet all you fellas. We'll see ya down there again, who knows maybe this Friday, I think Chuck is getting tired of babysitting me though, lol.
    Not at all Mark, believe me everytime I see you pullin up that anchor you salvaged for me I'm glad your there lol. Plus I'm going to get you on that 60#er yet.. And yes that bikini did kinda distract me... bad day to forget my binochulars. Hopefully bait will get a little easier, thanks again John for sharing, I'm going to have to have you show me your honey hole!!and nice to meet you Bandit we'll have to do it again... Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

No problem at all Chuck,wish i could have gave you a few more.I have got to get my net fixed or i may just have to start using my smaller 8 footer.My nets draw strings are messing up bad and not closing good at all.I knew there was a bunch there because i felt there weight but it wasnt closing right and they were coming out lol.We ran out not long after that.Lets go sometime and ill show you its not far,Mark can come too.
    Last edited by fisheater; 08-11-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey John, any chance you might be down this Fri.???

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I can make it when you all are there. I would love to put a live face and a handshake with the names.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to go this friday.Let me talk to the boss and make sure theres no plans.Don call me when you think youll be able to go.Ill get ahold of you Chuck when i know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey you all. It sounds like you all had a good time, glad to hear that. I have to go back to work Thursday be back in a month, we will all have to get together. Hey John I have an extra 12ft net for you if you want one that big. My doctor said I have to start throwing a lot lighter one, and I think Im going to listen to him this time. I I will stick to my six footer so let me know. See you guys mid Sept.
    Chris