Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cland for the first time in a long time

Going to Cumberland this weekend for the first time in about 15 or so years. I have heard of all this stuff about dams in desperate need of repair and the water levels being dropped low etc etc. So what is the deal with the lake. Should I fish deep or on the banks. Probably be fishing late evenings early morning for bass. Really work the plastics alot.
    ????????????????????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cland for the first time in a long time

You are going to have to fish at night to get anything more than likely. However real early and late in the afternoon topwater baits will get you some fish. Target channel banks and points that relate to those same channel banks that are steep and deep. At night the soft plastics and hair jigs should get you some fish and you are gonna have the big moon so your timing may just be dead on. Good luck and give us a report when you return.

Post Thanks / Like

What, there is still water in Lake Cumberland???? I thought they drained that lake. That is what the state of Missouri travel and tourism website said. Good Luck fishing on dry bottom.

Just stirring the pot one last time. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    You are going to have to fish at night to get anything more than likely. However real early and late in the afternoon topwater baits will get you some fish. Target channel banks and points that relate to those same channel banks that are steep and deep. At night the soft plastics and hair jigs should get you some fish and you are gonna have the big moon so your timing may just be dead on. Good luck and give us a report when you return.
    Well to my surprise I had a good time. Caught one 4lb plus large mouth. My co fisher caught a nice chunk of a ky spot. several non-keeper large mouth and a nice 15 in smallie. Although the majority was on the small side the action was great till about 1030 at night, got tough to pull them in. Alot of quick hits but no takers.