Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Who's got HD television?

I am thinking about goingt to HD soon, pros and cons appreciated. Any particular service better that the other. I have dish standard at the moment. Just trying to avoid any surprises.
    Stoner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's got HD television?

I just upgraded to Dish HDTV and love the result. Been a customer long? Dish will wave any installation fees. You will need a new dish to upgrade. About $10.00 more a month with HDTV

Post Thanks / Like

I have cable HD and it is nice. The best part of all is the ability to pause and fast forward option.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had Dish Network, DirecTV and Cable. I like cable the best. I guess it depends on where you live and what you want. DirecTV and Dish do not always offer local channels in HD, that is the main reason I switched to Cable. I do miss the NFL package of Directv. Most carriers will provide the dish and HD reciever (make sure to check on the reciever), but the dish companies will require you to buy a reciever if you want HD and DVR (a must). Cable will provide you with the equipment. From what I have found, although prices are advertised differently, they all end up being in the same ball park with similar programming - one isn't going to save you much money over the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Who's got HD television?

I thought about it last year but my cable bill goes up a few bucks a month every year as it is! I'm gonna wait until this t.v. takes a dump and then upgrade my service and t.v. maybe by then the prices will be down even more.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about going the other way, personally. The cost of cable/satellite keeps going up and the quality of programming keeps going down. I think I'm going to get rid of it completely. There are enough online TV shows now to turn on for noise if I want to. I already run my laptop through my LCD TV anyway as a computer monitor. The only thing I have to sort out is how to watch sports.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been with Dish a couple of years and was thinking that I would just go with them. Cable is not very good in my area but may check it out anyway. Seems Dish wants to offer breaks to new subcribers but not the current ones.
    Stoner

Post Thanks / Like

I been a dish subscriber for 9 years, tried to upgrade to hd and they told me it would be a 100$ and 20$ a month, if you new it'll cost 10$ a month and no charge for set up, I'm wondering what happens in FEB when it's all digital, then every channel is capable of HD it's what you subscribe, i don't know if it will be higher or lower pricer

Post Thanks / Like

I got HD and never seem to want to use it or really pay attention I do have it.... But the HD channels are a little more sharper in picture quality.... Got the DVR to record the shows we want taped in the HD mode channels.....

Post Thanks / Like

If you currently have Dish then threaten to go to Direct and see what Dish has to say. As stated, I got all equipment installed for free and the HD increase was $10.00/month

Post Thanks / Like

I am considering waiting until Feb. to see what else changes.
    Stoner

Post Thanks / Like

DirecTV has the most HD channels, and probably will for some time to come. And it's a little more reliable than Dish, because the satellite is higher in the sky, so the signal doesn't pass through as much atmosphere. And I don't know about where you are, but here in Louisville local channels are available in HD on DirecTV, and I suppose on Dish also. I first went with DirectTV because at the time you couldn't get the professional sports packages on cable. I've been with them for a few years now, and currently have the HD Plus package, and I'm really happy with it. Watching hockey in HD is amazing. HD really does spoil you.