Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-15-08

Post Thanks / Like

8-15-08

Well we ended up with 5 good ones that night,nothing huge but in that current you cant tell.Doug wore me out 4 to 1 but ill get him next time.Im holding Dougs biggest one on the left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dougsbig.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnsbig.JPG 
Views:	415 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	778  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 8-15-08

Heres a couple more,one i call "Mans struggle to get bait".It was tough for me gettin any that night.All in all a decent night.Looking forward to next friday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gettinbait.JPG 
Views:	392 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dougs.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	780  

Post Thanks / Like

John, glad you guy's got in to some we didn't have much luck. Mark got into some hybrids while I looked for bait but didn't do so hot on the cat's. Is the place your standing your stink hole??? If so I know that spot, does it have a big concrete colvert thing on the bank??? Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Chuck thats the spot.I think we did fairly good,we caught em right there not far from the bank in all that current.Dougs was putting a hurtin on me till i finally realized i was casting to far out and not keeping my bait on the bottom.After his first couple i wised up.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, John It seemed the last couple times I tried to get bait there the shad where really deep and I had to tie on extra rope to get to them with my net!!! I'll give it another try, I had to get as close to the upper dam, get out of my boat and walk all the way up to the hole on the far right to get my shad Fri. and I'm pretty sure I cleaned what few were up there out. We also tried for skips at a couple places they are always at and not a sniff....I wonder what's up with that. Hope to see you guy's down there this Fri. Thanks Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Yea i throw it and let it sink for awhile before i pull it.I dont know how long my rope is but i let it take it all.

Ill be there friday,i think DJD might be my partner this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job fellas. I posted on the other thread of yours on this photo page. I'm glad you guys got some, we struggled on the cats, I was wearing some hybrid heads out early though. Probably see ya this Friday, I thought that was you when you guys rode by but just wasn't that sure. We were anchored right there at the end of Sand Island.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: 8-15-08

We seen that boat there but had no idea it was you all or i would have stopped.I was just keeping my eye on the road and making sure the lock wasnt open lol.Maybe you and me will get that monster this friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    We seen that boat there but had no idea it was you all or i would have stopped.I was just keeping my eye on the road and making sure the lock wasnt open lol.Maybe you and me will get that monster this friday.
    I'm gonna get that 60 yet John. Chuck and I was talking about maybe drifting down by the Amphitheater, (spelling) this Friday as a change of pace. I stuck a decent one right before we cut out Friday down there but come unbuttoned, had on a big shad, but I let it take it a good ways. Them cotton pickin Gar was driving us nuts. We know the one I lost had whiskers as he slimed the line up 2 foot above the hook rolling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Yea i throw it and let it sink for awhile before i pull it.I dont know how long my rope is but i let it take it all.

Ill be there friday,i think DJD might be my partner this time.
    John,
    I'm on so far and I'll know for sure once I get to talk to my ex wife on keeping my daughter Friday night. How early do you get started?

Post Thanks / Like

I like to get out there by 6:30 or 7:00 to get some bait.Ill usually stay to about 12:00 or so depending on the bite but not much later unless were tearing them up.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds good. How far is it from Lexington? I have never been to that part of the river. Is there a certain landmark or Dam I can google to get directions to?