Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohio River Today

Man it was tough today...We tried to put in at Harrison Ave to fish McAlpine but the river was too low for me to get my boat off the trailer ...It is 9.2 ....Then we went to the upper pool put in @ Duffy's fished alll my bass spots...Only got 1 white bass never seen it this tough.I guess there was a major front that came thru last night...or that is the excuse I will use

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ohio River Today

the ohio has been tough the last month. we had 4 with 2 keeps saturday. no flow and very warm water.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the lower dam at Mcalpine last night and had 8 to 10 whites and two hybrids. One hybrid was a pig that I estimate at around 7lb or so. Man there was some real a$$holes down there last night. Right after I caught that one big one, two guys in a boat came in and got right on top of me. Then two more came in and litterally started throwing their cast net right wear I was catching fish at, of course they scattered my fish and stopped the bite. Then I had three more mental heavy weights come in and start throwing right over top of me and actually almost hit me with a lure then got tangled in my line. I went home because I know me and I was fixing to get myself in a bind as I was vastly outnumbered. Sometimes I fish down there and see some of the most nice and respectful fisherman around and other times I see the most clueless dumb stupid inconsiderate idiots known to man. It reminds me of paylake fisherman when they see somebody catch one and go sit on top of somebodies head trying to catch their fish. If anybody on this site is the guys that were throwing your cast net right on top of me while I was trying to fish I just wanted to tell you that you are morons. Sorry for the rant guys but you just had to be there and see it to beleive it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a camera with you start taking photos of these jerks and tell us what they did. Most of us know the feeling. Once my wife and I were fishing a fishing a well known structure for crappies and these two mental midgets came right up to us in their pontoon, throw out their anchor (a concrete block) then proceed to ask us if we mind if they fish there. Yep I think we need an album of shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Album of shame.......yep i like it.That would be great,a pictorial of outdoor offenders.To be blacklisted at all ramps and walmarts.That will wake them up!

I too have been abused by these morons and im not ashamed to admit it any more,-support group tonight at local hooters.lol.

Seriously though,i know all lakes have these people but they seem much more abundant on the ohio river.There ought to be a hotline number to deal with these folks.I usually deal with them by hand gestures and hollering but i really need to learn to keep my cool because im not out there for stress but others lack of concern for my well being and peace of mind really ticks me off.

Post Thanks / Like

Support group at Hooters, I really like this idea. The girls at Hooters could console me and make feel better after being abused by these river pirates. I like it John I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like a hooters girl to help with a bruised ego until you try to get a phone number than its bruised again....

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, did you walk all the way down there again to get that abuse?? That would be along walk back. We usally have to wait for the sauger run for the real idiots to come out of the woodwork.You and John comin down Fri. I'll wear my hooters shirt, I'm startin to fill it out pretty well ...lol Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Ohio River Today

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Mark, did you walk all the way down there again to get that abuse?? That would be along walk back. We usally have to wait for the sauger run for the real idiots to come out of the woodwork.You and John comin down Fri. I'll wear my hooters shirt, I'm startin to fill it out pretty well ...lol Chuck
    Yea I know, but I'm a glutten for punishment. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it this Friday. Besides you might need some alone time, or if you wear that shirt you might not be alone for long down there, lol. I left the Larry, Curly and Moe show and caught a few more on the way back, I can't believe where they were either. Don't be giving up my trade secret Chuck or I'll have half of Clarksville with me next week, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Ohio River Today

Yep that sauger run will bring out all the fools.....

Thanks Chuck for the image of you filling out a hooters shirt.....its burn into my head.lololol

As for friday im coming and im bringing hell with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Yep that sauger run will bring out all the fools.....

Thanks Chuck for the image of you filling out a hooters shirt.....its burn into my head.lololol

As for friday im coming and im bringing hell with me.
    John you are killing me. I loved it when Kurt said that in Tombstone.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Ohio River Today

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I fished the lower dam at Mcalpine last night and had 8 to 10 whites and two hybrids. One hybrid was a pig that I estimate at around 7lb or so. Man there was some real a$$holes down there last night. Right after I caught that one big one, two guys in a boat came in and got right on top of me. Then two more came in and litterally started throwing their cast net right wear I was catching fish at, of course they scattered my fish and stopped the bite. Then I had three more mental heavy weights come in and start throwing right over top of me and actually almost hit me with a lure then got tangled in my line. I went home because I know me and I was fixing to get myself in a bind as I was vastly outnumbered. Sometimes I fish down there and see some of the most nice and respectful fisherman around and other times I see the most clueless dumb stupid inconsiderate idiots known to man. It reminds me of paylake fisherman when they see somebody catch one and go sit on top of somebodies head trying to catch their fish. If anybody on this site is the guys that were throwing your cast net right on top of me while I was trying to fish I just wanted to tell you that you are morons. Sorry for the rant guys but you just had to be there and see it to beleive it.
    mhall, me and you need to fish there together from the way this post sounds. last week i had three guys do this to me and after telling them that in the end they would probably put a hurtin on me i did guarantee at least one of the was headed to the hospital! lol i feel i can hold my own but not against three of them. there is no respect for one another over there and it is really dissapointing. after getting one of those guys names from a fellow fisherman over there last week i discovered he is a member of a certain "discussion board and the other guy works a BPS in clarksville! imagine that!!