Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good Fishing Spots in Central Ohio?

My friends and I are looking for a good place to fish (from the shore - no boat unfortunately) in Central Ohio. We have been to Alum Creek and Griggs Reservoir and haven't had any luck, though we hear stories of people catching lots of fish from there on a regular basis. Any good suggestions on actual spots at these two locations?

Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good Fishing Spots in Central Ohio?

I know there are some good fishermen in central Ohio who can tell these people where there is a good place to bank fish. Will someone please step up to the plate and give them some credible information? I would do it but I am about 3 states away.

Thanks guys! Catch a big one for me.

Laredo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amber04 View Post
    My friends and I are looking for a good place to fish (from the shore - no boat unfortunately) in Central Ohio. We have been to Alum Creek and Griggs Reservoir and haven't had any luck, though we hear stories of people catching lots of fish from there on a regular basis. Any good suggestions on actual spots at these two locations?

Thanks for your help!
    Several spots come to mind, Hoover Reservoir has numerous good shore fishing spots, especially towards the northern end. O'Shaughnessy Reservoir is also decent at times, fish around the Home Road Ramps and down towards the zoo. Problem right now is low water and the transition is on big time. Shad are in the coves and the fish are in and out depending on the temperatures. Check with Judy or Lois at the Old Dutchman, they keep up to date on the best spots for shore fishing opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody emailed me the following info. I "think" it was supposed to go in this thread.

Peter (Fishin.com)

Hi, Peter
    One of your readers requested some information as to where to fish from the bank in Ohio. There is a parking lot right at the Adams county border on route 52. Pull into the lot and then walk down a long narrow path to the bank of the Ohio River. ...

Thank you,

Gary