Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Steve Kragthorpe

It's time for ole Steve's departure in my opinion. He's a nice fellow and seems to care about his players but he has completely destroyed Louisville football. He has taken a team that was a field goal away from playing for a national title two years ago and returned them to the Ron L. Cooper days. They get zero respect now and are laughed at. Tom Jurich really dropped the ball on this guy. He's a division two coach at best. The seats are going to start being empty soon, I know alot of season ticket holders that just don't have any faith in this guy at all and I'm afraid they might be right. Thoughts????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steve Kragthorpe

I'm on the fence on this one. On the one hand, it's only the start of his second season and apparently there was a lot of cleaning house that needed to take place. Look where Brooks was at UK during his second season.

On the other hand, Louisville was near the top when he took over and UK was near the bottom when Brooks got there so it is pretty surprising how far they've fallen in such a short time.

Post Thanks / Like

I think jcb said it all in his post about Tornado Warning in Louisville.

Post Thanks / Like

I, for one, think that Kragglepipe is doing a fine job...outstanding job actually...he's a major ASSet to the Louisville program. Tommy Turtleneck needs to keep him there.

BECAUSE....

I'm starting to enjoy this annual ritual of kicking off the football season by kicking Louisville's ass in the summer heat.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    I, for one, think that Kragglepipe is doing a fine job...outstanding job actually...he's a major ASSet to the Louisville program. Tommy Turtleneck needs to keep him there.

BECAUSE....

I'm starting to enjoy this annual ritual of kicking off the football season by kicking Louisville's ass in the summer heat.

Be nice Brian, be nice, I'm very sensitive ya know.

Post Thanks / Like

some UK fans ****

Post Thanks / Like

I am one season ticket holder that is ready for him to go. How come we never saw players getting arrested, failing drug test, getting shot etc. under Petrino? Jurich handed Kragthorpe the keys to a cadillac and he promptly turned it into a beat up minivan. Send him back to Tulsa now and make Ron English the head coach.

MrSplitshot, congrats on your annual beating of the Cards LOL. What is that two in a row? Have the Kayuts ever beaten Louisville three in a row? Four in a row? Great job defeating your rival 30% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post

BECAUSE....

But remember UK will only play them as the opener every other year due to being afraid of being unprepared (and I'm a UK fan who thinks the game should be the first one all the time)

Post Thanks / Like

Coach Krapthorp does not get the respect of his players. He is not a motivator. If you want to see the program take an up swing put Ron English as head coach. Things will change over night. Trust me on this one.

Krapthorp is a nice but you know what they say about nice guys they finish last.

I will promise you this Krapthorp will have until the end of next year before he will leave town. I wish he was already gone but that is life.

Then Ron English will have the team if he is still here. He maybe gone to a head coaching job at the end of this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, you Card fans are all testy today. Peace and love, my little bluegrass brothers. I was a Kentucky football fan even back during that Bill Curry run left-run right-long bomb-punt offensive scheme. We've had very little to cheer about, so let us enjoy it a little. Afterall, Louisville is on a collision course with a national championship...the only variable is time. In the meantime, I'm sorry to inform you that the beatings will continue.

I agree that the game should be the first game of the season every year. What a way to open the season! I didn't like the deviation last year either.

Louisville is going to be alright though. Noodler Cantwell will throw for a touchdown before it's all over with...heck, you boys might end up with a better record than my Cats end up with. Afterall, we don't have much of an offense this year either...and it's going to give us trouble when the SEC play rolls around. We just piled the defense on you guys last weekend and threw a little luck in to boot. Stuff happens. Stuff like big ole Myron Pryor rumblin' and stumblin' for a loooooong touchdown sprint after a fumble recovery...you know, stuff like that. Shew, must have been hard for yall to watch. Kind of like a fat kid watching a skinny kid run off into the sunset with his girlfriend and his piece of chocolate cake.

Ah well, GO CARDS! Beat Tennesse Tech tomorrow. I mean that sincerely, because if you guys tank again this year it'll hurt our power rankings.

Much Love,
    Splitshot

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry U of L fans, you can't blame the disastrous last season and the start of this season on your coach... He's taken over a team that was surely to do about the same if Petrino had stayed and I mean that truly. Petrino knew he had a lot of kids leaving due to graduation, transfers and kids that would some how be dismissed from the team for other reasons. Petrino left and jumped ship, left Kragthorpe a real mess to clean up, the weekly blotter report of how the players kept getting into trouble, lack of attending classes and others things have been what's the real reason the U of L team has plummeted.

Talent wise, you basically have very little left on the team. You have a very experienced QB, but no experienced WR's for him to throw too. Your RB's are really Div 2 caliber style RB's and have proven how ineffective they are from last season to this season's start. Your passing game last year was about all you had on the team and every now and then Brohm would shake things up and have a running play thrown in to keep the opposing D's honest. But no real smooth running back on your team. You lost a lot of Defensive players after Petrino left and it showed in the teams lack of experience during the games last year.
    Now this year with a little more experience on Defense, you held UK to only 62 yards rushing and 210 total yards total for the game.....Either UK's offense is that bad or your Defense is that good...Only time will tell as the season progresses and the true tests for your Defense shows up.

I'm an Indiana fan and hopefully I have given you U of L fans an honest look at your team and you don't think I'm just bashing your teams mediocre play.

Post Thanks / Like

Krapthorpe is no head coach. He needs to get out and head to a smaller program. He is in over his head. Very nice guy good family man. But, it just seems like the players don't respect him.