Hey guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback. I was all set to spend some time this winter looking for the right boat. But you know how that works. The right boat may not come along for months, or it might come along next week. For me it was more along the next week scenario.

Not long after starting the thread I had the opportunity to go look at a 1991 Challenger 197 that has a 1998 Mercury 150 EFI engine that was in my price range. The boat was garage kept and had not been used all that much since the engine was replaced in 98. Even though it's a little bit older, this one owner boat was in surprisingly good shape and the engine looks new. I could wait until next year this time and not find a better deal.

So I now have a new addition to the back yard!!

I've been out twice in the boat and it runs amazing smooth and quiet. I have a lot to learn about a boat with this much power. Not to mention the fishing part!!! lol

My home lakes are probably going to be Cave Run and Laurel River Lake but I hope not to be a stranger to Cumberland, Nolin, Green River and Dale Hollow. I won't be fishing a lot, but I'll usually have an open seat should any experienced bassers want to join me for a day in exchange for giving me some "on the job training".