Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin conditions??

Anyone been to Nolin lately?? What are the conditions and how is the fishing?? I haven't had a chance to fish much this summer down there but plan on going this coming weekend. My camp at the lake is just inside Rock Creek but planned to do some fishing up in Barton's Run area and maybe a little up the river.. Any suggestions would be helpful?? Planned on fishing for bass during the morning and evening, and might try to pick up some catfish if it gets hot during the day..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin conditions??

My suggestion Crappie fish lol. Sorry I can not help it has been rough me that last couple of trips!!

Post Thanks / Like

Like MASSBASS said the fishing has been rough at Nolin (and a lot of places.) I just got back from Nolin, put in at Iberia, fished several places in Rock Creek, out at the mouth of Rock Creek; the hit a couple of places on my way to Conoloway; and fished Conoloway some before the sun got too hot. A few dinks and one keeper, all in all, better than I thought it would be (high pressure, post frontal and blue bird skys). But it was an enjoyable day on the water and if you are looking for anything more than an enjoyable day you may be disappointed.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Headed down to Nolin Saturday and got down about 1130 or so... wind was whipping on the main lake so headed back in a nice cove near the entrance of Rock Creek... Caught 5 with only 1 being a keeper in the cove and then it got to be about 95degrees out so went back up to camp to relax for a little while....

Went back out around 6 and caught two short fish while waiting on my dad to get down there. We went up past Wax once he got there and fished until about Midnight.. The moon was bright and we caught 15 once the sun went down.. 4 keepers.. biggest was only about 3lbs..

Went out Saturday morning back up past Wax and caught 12.. only 2 keepers... before the wind blew us off the lake..

All in all, a pretty decent weekend... Couldn't get many bites on the moving baits (only caught about 4 of the 30 something fish on a crankbait/spinnerbait) The majority came off wood on soft plastics, and shallow... Hope this helps.. and it will probably change again soon