Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

There oughta be a law...

I live in Greenville,Indiana. Clarksville is about 15 miles from my house. Harbor Freight and Basspro are about 2 miles apart from each other.

I clip the coupons for Harbor Freight and use my Rewards Points at Basspro. I still spend way too much money in those places for stuff I want but don't really need. Read that as "Tyme wants some new toys."

About every month or so I go to Clarksville to refill my testosterone levels.

There oughta be a law about those two "man places" being so close to each other.!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: There oughta be a law...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I live in Greenville,Indiana. Clarksville is about 15 miles from my house. Harbor Freight and Basspro are about 2 miles apart from each other.

I clip the coupons for Harbor Freight and use my Rewards Points at Basspro. I still spend way too much money in those places for stuff I want but don't really need. Read that as "Tyme wants some new toys."

About every month or so I go to Clarksville to refill my testosterone levels.

There oughta be a law about those two "man places" being so close to each other.!!
    I never realized Harbor Freight was anywhere but in Lexington. Guess I live in a box sometimes! I try and stay away from those evil tacklshops because my money always vanishes when I leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: There oughta be a law...

For the first time ever I went into a Bed, Bath,and Beyond. Mrs Tyme was with me and made me go.

I now know why they included "beyond". Their prices are "Beyond freaking believable".

Post Thanks / Like

I am 41-years-old and when I walk into a place like Bass Pro Shop I get the same feeling I did as a young man when I went to certain gentlemen's clubs LOL! Wow I am losing it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I am 41-years-old and when I walk into a place like Bass Pro Shop I get the same feeling I did as a young man when I went to certain gentlemen's clubs LOL! Wow I am losing it!
    No, not at all. You're not losing it. You've just now found the correct past times as opposed to your wild, wicked youth.!! LOL

PJ's ???

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: There oughta be a law...

I don't think I have went to BPS and not dropped at least a Jefferson on tackle......I have a worst time with the wife wanting to buy non fishing items in there...i.e hats, viser's, t-shirts and the such.....I don't need new stuff like that I already got plenty of that stuff.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post

It is an illness...there is no cure.

Post Thanks / Like

PJ's ???[/QUOTE]

Lets get some singles fellers!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now Wal-Mart here has all their fishing stuff on sale, so if I go to get a gallon of milk I end up with new baits. Also Gander Mtn in Bg is a weakness for me. I have not been to a BPS store as my wife wont let me. lol lol lol, so I order online. One funny thing I had a ten dollar gift cert for Gander and went there to pick up a spool of P line, and ended up spending 90$, my wife asked me I thought you were only getting line, why did you spend 90, I said only 80 as I had a 10 $ cert. It is an addiction. But better than drugs.

Post Thanks / Like

When my daughter was around 4 years old I would always take her with me to BPS in Cincy to see the fish tank. I guess I would go 4 times a year but she was exposed to fishing since she was old enough to hold a barbie fishin pole.

Well one day we were shopping for baits and she started talking to me like "look daddy spinnerbaits or look daddy crankbaits" and a BPS associate came around the corner grinning from ear to ear saying how awesome it was to hear her talking like that. I was a proud Daddy! Still am!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tyme I live in Greenville too - Saddlebrook subdivision. Also a pharmacist - but far from retirement. Small world.

I can go to BPS without spending a dime - it's my wife and kids that are the problem................

Post Thanks / Like

An addiction?? My wife has always referred to it as a sickness! I fish and I have two aquariums at home that I am always looking for something new and different for, and think it's neat when I can raise a fish up big enough to eat everything else in the tank.
    But I am proud to say that I have only spent a total of around $10.00 dollars this year on lures or anything else. But I will confess that I am watching the local Wally Mart and as they are clearancing items for the removal of the fishing department, there is an $80+ crankbaiting outfit that I want to put together, and when I can get it for under $20 bucks, It's mine.