Search Fishin.com

Thread: better maps ???

Post Thanks / Like

better maps ???

I took Dave Stewarts water elimination class about a month or so ago and to anyone who doubts if you would benefit from this class I guarantee it. The class is packed full of info that has to help anyone. What I need is better maps for the local lakes ( Nolin, Rough, Green , Barren), I have fishing hotspots for all of these lakes but there isnt enough channel detail in any of the feeders (creeks). Does anyone know of more detailed maps available?
    Likes Dave Stewart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: better maps ???

once you get away from the bigger lakes in ky , ky.,barkley,and maybe cumberland good mapping is very hard to get . there is an Atlantic Mapping co. and also Kingfisher Mapping co. you can get good maps for the southern states but i dont think they have much for kentucky. i likewise would like some good mapping for some of the other lakes........

Post Thanks / Like

You can get Gov quadrangle maps and make your own. for ;larger lakes you may have to just map what parts you fish rather than the whole lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Roadrunner, how can I get these maps ? Is it a download that I need a web address for , or is it something from the corp of engineers ? Any info you can give me is very much needed and appreciated....Thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure you can order on line however I live in Illinois and I go to the Agriculture Soil Conservation Service and they order what I need. We use to use them when I was a scout master. They have a master chart that they can get what maps you need. These are contour maps all you need is to find the contour of your shore line and draw in the water line with a black marker.

I do not know where you can find them in KY but I think you have a similar service it might be called by a different name.

I have made maps for lakes that are 1,000 acrea with no problem I also did a section of about twelve maps for the smithland pool on the ohio river it showed all the creeks etc.

Let me know if you can not find them. I can get in touch with our ASCS office here and get more info.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info roadrunner, Ill start working on this and Ill post when I get some results......Hope your fall fishing is great!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Angler graphics is a KY based mapping company I have one of their maps for cave run and it is very detailed, includes original structures that were there before the lake was. but anyway its a very good map you can see if they have the lake your looking for www.anglergraphics.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kybasshunter View Post
    Thanks for the info roadrunner, Ill start working on this and Ill post when I get some results......Hope your fall fishing is great!!!!!!
    Is it possible to share if you were able to get any maps from ASCS office? Are they any better/ different than the free online maps from Navionics or i-Boating etc. Do ASCS maps have secret honey holes not found on other maps?