Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

pay lake by anderson?

What is it called and is it worth going? I pass by it sometimes on I69. they have some cookie cutter cabins and sometimes there are a few cars there. Just wondered if it was cool or not.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pay lake by anderson?

It's Pine Lake and it's right off the Pendleton exit. I've been there once and from what I've seen everytime I passed by. I wouldn't waste my time and money. On a nice weather, weekend day that place is a zoo. People lined the bank of all the ponds. I'm talking about they can reach out and touch the next person with their rod. You probably only can cast straight out and there is no room to move around whatsoever. Don't be fool by the pictures and mounted fish they have in the bait shop. The place reminds me of those fish tank they have at carnival/boat show for kids to fish from.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pay lake by anderson?

Yes, lots of people there. I decided that instead of paying an entrance and bait fees to fish other bodies of water for the money -- it'll buy the gas. Several years ago I was there late in the fall and they didn't charge because they hadn't stocked. I think you'll find a lot of people from Indy there who may not really be truly aware of other options around them. To many of them, being on the Interstate is getting away from it all!