Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

anybody fishing the BFL this weekend

just noticed this on their site...Dave had been talking about this. Catch Limit: 5, Size Limit: 15" largemouth, 18" smallmouth, 12" spotted bass
    Time Zone: Central ..................(18 in smallmouth)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anybody fishing the BFL this weekend

A good friend of mine is fishing it. Wish him the best of luck. If he hangs on to his spot in the top 40, we are going to the Stren series next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the 18" smallmouth too. Have they raised the size limit for smallies on KY and Barkley? I just fished a BASS Weekend series this past weekend and we were not told about an 18" limit on the brown fish. In fact I weighed one that was about 16". I wonder if there is a typo on the BFL info.

Post Thanks / Like

from what I can gather its Tenn. that has raised the size limit and to avoid confusion and alot of tourn trails are going ahead and implementing it..anybody have any other info??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    A good friend of mine is fishing it. Wish him the best of luck. If he hangs on to his spot in the top 40, we are going to the Stren series next year.
    Good luck to your friend Craig...Im sitting in 14th right now..gotta catch a few this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    Good luck to your friend Craig...Im sitting in 14th right now..gotta catch a few this weekend
    I believe he is sitting like 21st or close to it. Hopefully the both of you can catch a couple and make it to the regional. Good luck and be safe down there.

Post Thanks / Like

The 18" Smallmouth size limit is being implemented by the state of Tennessee in Tennessee water on Ky Lake next season. Apparrently the BFL has implemented this size limit in order to avoid confusion since many tournament anglers launching in Ky waters will fish in Tennessee waters. I am not sure why the BFL has apparrently implemented this rule before the new Tennessee size limit goes into effect.....what you need to do if fishing the BFL this weekend is get clarification from the tournament director at the pretournament meeting this Friday. I was told that a letter had been sent to registered participants informing them of this change in size limits but can't confirm that.

Anyway, just get clarification from the tournament director this Friday...you certainly do not want to be bringing in a short fish to weigh in if the BFL has in fact implemented this change.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave...I havent gotten a letter...but I'll be sure and find out from the tx director