Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

anyone is wheeler lake area

looking for someone in the wheeler lake area that has a 26" trophey i could borrow for a few passes. im running a 26" tempest and want to compare. i fish both ends of the lake so anyone from rogersville, athens over to madison, hunstville area and down to decatur.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone is wheeler lake area

I have a 2 day tourn on wheeler 2-28 and 3-1 do you have any suggestions on what to throw and where to go. This will be the first time that I have ever been on or even seen this lake. well I have watched the pro's fish it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, may God bless and good fishin. Professor

Post Thanks / Like

either end is doing good right now. water temps are 46-50 depending where you are and that will surely change before you get here. jigs, shakey heads, cranks...just depends on weather, water and shad activity. if you have any more ?'s just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

We are putting in at Decatuar. Are the fish on shad or crawfish. What about color???? Do we need to look for wood???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    We are putting in at Decatuar. Are the fish on shad or crawfish. What about color???? Do we need to look for wood???
    yeah probably at Ingalls Harbor? if water is clear enough a good green pumpkin or pb&j jig otherwise the normal black/blue. we just had a decent shad kill so they are up on shad but might be over time you get here. Im catching my fish on channel ledges in the river holding on wood cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I made a mistake, I thought we were putting in at decatuar but we are staying at the wheeler state park so we will be putting in there. Does that change anythingon the color and lure???? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Actually I made a mistake, I thought we were putting in at decatuar but we are staying at the wheeler state park so we will be putting in there. Does that change anythingon the color and lure???? Thanks

I'm assuming thats the park on other end of lake. Its Joe Wheeler State Park in First Creek. That end of lake is different. Decatur end is river, state park end has the big creeks, cuts, coves, deep water, bluffs, deep channels, long points, etc. Lures will be same fished around deeper wood and docks on main channel.

Post Thanks / Like

That will work. many,many thanks will report when we get back. if by chance you hear of any else please let me know. Once again Thanks Alot and good fishin

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, good luck.