Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The long road back

I love this country, always will, but were lost! I'm for freedom of speech, rioght to own arms, public assembly, the right to petion congress, and the right to vote.But we have fallen into extremist traps. Thjere is a place for tree hugging, and land use.But the power of the common good, is being ignored.Our schools are almost a joke. Where did students get rights? What happened to disapline?Good bills that start out in congress get mired down with added nonsence that has nothing to do with the reason the bill started.Name calling, disagereing just to disagree,religion being forced on us in some cases. How did the extremists suddely become the norm? We need to start our education system over again. We have to begin by knowing that all kids are not smart, but not ignore the ones who need help. Mainlining kids, pasing them on to placate feelings is hurting the ones who are trying to learn, and can, but too much time is being spent on the marginal.We should not have sub standard schools,this is our future sitting there. When a class room has to share a few text books, what happened? Morals? Intergety? Charity?But the loss of patriotism is the greatest loss.We have made our golden calf, and now we are dealing with the results of that worship.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The long road back

I don't have the answer but I have an opinion on this. Schools have become a daycare for parents and a social event for kids and that is wrong. My personal feeling is that schools have become a Liberal playground where noone is responsible and everyone has an opinion. The teachers blame kids, parents, money, government and the parents blame the teachers and government. See what happens when there is no direct value on something? People feel entitled to do whatever they want because they don't see the value or cost from their own finances. It's just send us more money we can fix it if only we had more money.

Who leads who has the power? The Principal? The Teacher? The Parent? The Kid? The power seems to be in the hand of the parent and kid and that is also wrong. I feel it should be the Teacher first and then the Principal and if you don't like that take it up with the Super and if you don't like that go to the BOE. If you don't like that go home or move.

I also don't agree with the kid glove approach being made with teaching kids. Kids should be punished (spanked not time out) when they are young period! Prayer should be in the schools period! Respect should be mandatory period!

Money won't solve these problems, government won't solve these problems and alot of parents are to lazy to understand that THEY are the problem. Family values have failed for the most part and I applaud parents who raise educated, respectful well behaved kids because they have risen above the lazy status quo of todays working class folks. We chose to put our daughter through private school and it costs like a son of a gun but thats the price we are willing to pay. If she didn't go to private school I could get a nice boat or car or bigger house or bank some cash or whatever but we practice what we preach.

Sorry for the rant but I feel this problem is an indicator of a much LARGER problem in this country and I named a few with many more in mind but I'll stop. BTW....I didn't intend to disrespect you teachers because you have a job I would never ever want, more power to you(literally).

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I couldn't agree with you more about the lack of control in the school system....The corporal punishment needs to be brought back into the schools. It wasn't nothing for a teacher to yank a kid up from their desk and take them to the hall and give their behinds 3 licks with a paddle in my day. If it was a more serious event, then the teacher would refer you to the principle and he'd deliver the 3 licks and give detention or expulsion.... Kids just respected the teachers more and all adults they cam in contact with in my younger days.

R E S P E C T....is what's missing a lot today.......

Post Thanks / Like

Also what ever happened to good old common sense?

Post Thanks / Like

DJ Got to agree with you,but praying in school?Why not in church?My kids were both educated in parochial school, yeah it costed. Their mother had13 yrs of that education, but it didn't stop at school.They were taught religious belief at home also.My feeling are these, it should not be manditory to pray at school, unless you want that kind of education for your chilldren, and are willing to pay for it.This bunkum about posting the 10 commandments get me hot, Its OBEY them that counts.When I went to school,most of it was public education. We were allowed to attend religious instruction once a week at a parochial school. But of course, I was one who felt that a mother belonged at home, and children were their first responsibility. We didn't have those two words in our pledge of allegiance.I dont remember ever seeing a pregnant kid in school, there were very few drug users, only two kids in my high school had a car, and they didn't have parking areas for them.I dont think lay teachers can teach religion, and relgion isn't in itself the answer.Its respect that isn't being taught,and that starts at home.Kid need to know that they have rights, the right to respect teachers, laws, and each other.But they also need to learn the meaning of one word, NO! TV is our baby sitter today, our primary teacher, watching some kid scream for some stupid toy, and demanding pricey clothes, and cell phones, that wasn't taught at at any school.I'm sorry, at my age I tend to carry on, those were the good old days, they are gone, its hard to live in this new age for a codger, and it must be hell forour grandchildren also.Greed, sloth, envy, this is what is driving our country today.