Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Find him, draft him

Not my idea! but! Bail out plan that works. I'm agaist the AIG bail out.Instead I'm in favor of giving 85,000,000,000.to america in a "We deserve it Dividend. My simple math assumes there are 200,000,000 Bonafide US citizens aged 18+
    Our population is about 301,000,000 counting almost every man , woman and child.So the 2.000,000,000 figure would be very close.So divide that 85 billion, and it comes close to 425,000.00 to each, this would be a we deserve it dividend.
    Of course it wouldn't be tax free, so lets assume a tax rate of30% Everyone would pay a tax of 127,000.00.That sends 25.5 billion back to the government.It would also mean every 18+ would have 297,000.00 bucks in their pocket.Twice that for a married couple.What would you do with 297.000 to 595, 000?
    Pay off your mortgage, housing crises solved.
    Repay student loans, great boost to new grads.
    Put away money for college, you'll have it.
    Put into a bank savings account- create money to loan to entrepreneurs
    Buy a new car-create jobs
    Invest in the market, more capitol for growth
    Pay for your parents medical insurance-health care improves
    Enable dead beat parents to come clean-or else.
    Those guys who lost jobs, would be helped, and all this would only cost 25.5 billion bucks
    theres more but my typing skills Are beginning to fail me.Is this a congessional plan? No just some retired guy with nothing else to do with his time. Find him, make him our president!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Find him, draft him

That has been popping up everywhere on the web...I am not sure if I would want the guy who came up with this being anywhere near my money because if my figures are right it would be: 85,000,000,000 / 200,000,000 = $425 . Long way off it appears.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice for the Government to do something like this. Instead of giving the money to bail out some mega rich ceo's co, give the money to the people and we will get the economy going. WHo better to give it too, like the post above said, mortages could be paid off, bills could be payed off, etc, etc. It would get the country back quicker than letting the one's who broke us have more of our money to lose again. They could get by with giving around 300,000 to each TAX PAYING and Working Family and some others. Car's truck's boat's alot of big ticket items would move, jobs created, this is not a stupid plan actually it sounds better than the one GW and boys ahve drawn up, if they really want to help America then help American's

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, bad math and a total lack of understanding of basic economics, in one. You're right, Tim, and I hope whoever came up with this isn't in charge of any real money. Let's ignore the math problem (as Tim said, $85,000,000,000 ÷ 200,000,000 people = $425 a head, not $425,000), and say yes, go ahead, give everybody in America half a million bucks. Then we'd all be well off and live happily ever after, right? WRONG. The next day, gas would be $100/gal. Before long, we'd be like Nazi Germany just prior to WWII, with citizens carrying wheelbarrows full of money to the store to buy a loaf of bread. It's called inflation.