Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Celina Lake/ Lincoln Lake report

Went out today for some all day fishing. Went to Celina Lake first, water temps were around 71-72, but there didn't seem to be much action. Fished there for about 3 hours until around 8:30-9, with only about 4 bites. Caught 2 largemouth under the lower edge of the slot limit. Then got a bite to eat and headed to Lincoln where I was surprised. As soon as I started fishing, I caught fish after fish. Nothing big, but there isn't anything too big there anyway. Most of the fish were around 13", with some above and below. Also caught some bluegill and yellow perch. Bluegill were small but the perch were above average. Water temps were around 74 mid-day. A lot of action in the weeds too.

A buddy of mine went to Indian and then to Rocky Pointe. He said Indian was slow with only a few minor bites, just like my trip to Celina was. He said he fished the pads up the creeks at Rocky and caught a few over 2 lbs. Fairly uneventful day though.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Celina Lake/ Lincoln Lake report

Thanks for the report . About the perch at Lincoln - were they really "Perch" or rock bass . The perch Im thinking of have striped sides and there are lots of them up north . This is the first of heard of perch in southern IN accept at Dogwood where they are stocked .

Post Thanks / Like

you know christmas lake in santa claus has yellow perch, its very possible they made it down to lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Yea it was perch, not rock bass. Pretty obvious to tell the difference. One was about 10 inches, so it was fairly good size. And yes, yellow perch have striped sides. I had no idea christmas lake had them, since I don't do any fishing there. First yellow perch I've caught from Lincoln Lake though, I was quite surprised. I asked the district fisheries biologist though, and he stated that they have been in there for a long time. I hadn't read any fishing surveys that said they were in there, thats why I was shocked. There were 10 recorded this year, ranging from 8-11 inches. So if people don't take them out for a couple years, Lincoln Lake could have a nice fishery of yellow perch.
    Last edited by SteveM4A1; 09-29-2008 at 11:37 AM.