Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Alarming thought

As my son was trying to figure out how to deal with his wachovia problem, he noticed a heck of a lot of folks drawing oput a lot of money.When I told him he was safe because of multiple accounts in several banks, he asked me if i ever read the whole FDIC brochure.He said read it, its an eye opener.My fatherly advice to him was, go to gander mtn, buy several automatic pistols, lots of ammo, come down here and I'll teach you how to use them.Smith & wesson make one heck of a home insurance policy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alarming thought

A week ago I heard a news report that the FDIC needed more money to cover the potential claims from bank failures. That's a scary thought huh? The agency who protects our money is asking for money.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    A week ago I heard a news report that the FDIC needed more money to cover the potential claims from bank failures. That's a scary thought huh? The agency who protects our money is asking for money.....
    Lord have mercy on us all.

Post Thanks / Like

It is amazing the way these things get twisted out of shape. The FDIC is not broke and is niot asking for more money to cover the failures, it is asking to raise the amount of money they can insure in the event of a bank failure. Right now its $100,00 per depositor, they want to raise that to $200,000 or $250,000. The money for the average saver is SAFE. The Senate bill they are now working on does in fact raise the amount the FDIC will insure..

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    It is amazing the way these things get twisted out of shape. The FDIC is not broke and is niot asking for more money to cover the failures, it is asking to raise the amount of money they can insure in the event of a bank failure. Right now its $100,00 per depositor, they want to raise that to $200,000 or $250,000. The money for the average saver is SAFE. The Senate bill they are now working on does in fact raise the amount the FDIC will insure..

Grumpy
    Just saw that on CNN about the increase. I promise you I heard it right the other day but I guess they reported it wrong? The final thought during their discussion was what would happen if the banks went broke? How would that amount be covered? Man it sounded like a monumental task.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I don't doubt that you heard correctly and I am sorry if it sounded like I was blaming you for the mis-information. I didn't mean it that way. The problem is with the Democrat/Liberal controlled press/media taking a sound bite totally out of context and blowing it up into "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IF FALLING and it's all George Bush's and the Republican's fault."

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Actually if you have been to the gas pumps or the grocery store lately, not to mention seen your utility bills increasing over the past year or so...the sky is falling.

Has nothing to do with just Bush and the Republicans...it has to do with all those greedy (can't say this word on here) bought and paid for folks there in D.C. which includes Bush etc...etc...

Post Thanks / Like

A BIG AMEN FOR DAVE. Just got a notice from my elec coop, elec bills will be going up 4.85% for residential. The sky has fell.............................................. ...

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I agree, but someone is voting for the "greedy" politions in Washingto. It is a sorry state of affairs, but as a whole Americans love to blame Washington but they don't VOTE. If the majority of the American population would spend as much time becoming informed about their polticians and then VOTE in elections, the bad politicians would never last. Unfortunately, IF THEY VOTE, all too many people just vote for the party hack.

Maybe we need for the sky to fall in so that enough people will get involved and vote so that we can vote the "greedy" politicians OUT and vote someone with our interest IN. As I said, SOMEONE IS VOTING FOR THESE PEOPLE and if the majority don't like them then they need to VOTE.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Dave you said it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Don, I don't doubt that you heard correctly and I am sorry if it sounded like I was blaming you for the mis-information. I didn't mean it that way. The problem is with the Democrat/Liberal controlled press/media taking a sound bite totally out of context and blowing it up into "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IF FALLING and it's all George Bush's and the Republican's fault."

Grumpy
    Grumpy,
    No sweat at all. You are right about the media as we get force fed everyday on the Barry. You know when I was in Florida last month and Barry and O-biden were pushing hard there the commercials were on all the time! They sure have alot of money to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how long the bubment has to repay your loss? I have heard its its 99 yrs.That sort of gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over. But limiting with drawels is also pretty scary!