Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open Letter to the "Jerk" at KY lake this weekend

Apextrail, I have been where you were at, only different lake and time. The only thing I can add is MAN do I wish my Dad were still alive to fish with like your is . Go often and savor every trip...Joe G

Post Thanks / Like

its easy to fix the jerk situation whenever they come in front of ya and cut u off or get so close they about hit ya.... just idle up beside them real close.... while u are doing this trip your motor up till its barely in the water and turn away from there boat real sharp and i mean pour the coal to it..... and watch as about 200 gallons of water cover them..... then trim the motor down and blast off..... i havent never done this but if someone done what dave said happend to him i would oblige them by gettin them soakin wet.....

Post Thanks / Like

<For the guys that ran over the ledge we were fishing last Saturday on N. Ky...if you were practicing for a tournament this coming weekend, I will be back on the water on Saturday...I will be coming by that ledge..if you are on it....payback is coming.>

hahaha Dave....I like ur style! Instant Karma baby!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is the exact reason why I don't carry a gun with me fishing, too much temptation. On the other hand I do have to say that most of the tournament guys that I encounter around here are pretty respectable. However, you get one of these weekends like last weekend - I figured there were between 850-1000 total tournament boats on Barkley and Kentucky, there are bound to be a few bad apples thrown into the mix. Maybe I will start taking my camera with me (good zoom) and posting some tournament jerk pics at the ramps, maybe even some local fishing stores. I try to convince myself that maybe they are just stupid and don't know any better.

Dave, I am glad you stayed in the boat. It seems your patience it tested at the least on a weekly basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    This is the exact reason why I don't carry a gun with me fishing, too much temptation. On the other hand I do have to say that most of the tournament guys that I encounter around here are pretty respectable. However, you get one of these weekends like last weekend - I figured there were between 850-1000 total tournament boats on Barkley and Kentucky, there are bound to be a few bad apples thrown into the mix. Maybe I will start taking my camera with me (good zoom) and posting some tournament jerk pics at the ramps, maybe even some local fishing stores. I try to convince myself that maybe they are just stupid and don't know any better.

Dave, I am glad you stayed in the boat. It seems your patience it tested at the least on a weekly basis.
    Great idea and how about posting the photos on here for all to see?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Mark
    I probably won't even wet a line this week....I will most likely just relax and enjoy some down time with old friends. I will be in site 27, if you are in the area stop by.
    I'll be in site 27 starting next Wednesday. It is my favorite site down there, nice and big.

Post Thanks / Like

And let me tell ya, it takes a little to get Dave goin :-) Seriously, I dobt there's any method to their madness, these people are just plain ignorant, to put it nicely. I remember fishing with my son on a seculuded (I thought) lilly pad field, wouldn't ya know it he caught a nice one and before you knew it, another boat pulled right in on us with the statement that they hped we didn't mind as they were fishing a tournament. Can you believe that? Had it not been for my son in the boat, I'd a probably gone off on them with no problem, verbally that is, as I'm armed at all times :-) Steve Kirby, Columbus, OH

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Hey man, try this. "Excuse me sir, you might not be aware of this, but we got stung real bad there just minutes ago. There's a hornets nest around here some where and when they come for water about once every 10 minutes they are really in a bad mood. We were right there and barely got away after getting stung 6 or 7 times, so be careful dude.....ya know some people have severe allergic reactions to those things, a buddy of mine got stung right there 2 weeks ago and his tongue swelled up so bad we had to med-evac him to the county hospital, where he stayed for 3 weeks. So be careful there." "Oh yeah.......do you like water moccassins?"