Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years

*****TO ALL MY FRIENDS....LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE........FYI only.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

BUT American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;

3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION

DOLLARS and prices still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~

$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR

STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT

PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ....

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS. AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!! JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU / W E CAN STAND?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years

Steemer you are the man......

Post Thanks / Like

C h a n g e

come
    help
    a
    nobody
    get
    elected.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys serious? Being a liberal Democrat, I still respect conservative views, but anyone who defends President Bush's effectiveness as a leader of this country negates anything intelligent they may say in the future. Sorry guys, but Bush's failures should be seen across party lines. If we had a democrat in office that has let the country go down the crapper during his tenure, I will be the first one on here agreeing with you conservatives. If you think the country has only begun it's downward spiral since the democratic congress, you are sadly mistaken. I tolerate alot of posts on here that I don't agree with, and will argue my point, while trying to keep my respect for you other fellow fisherman. But, this post is garbage, Bush has been a total failure. I wonder why John McCain has distanced himself from this admin, and is now preaching Change as well. All I have to say, is any person elected in November will be a pleasant relief from what we currently have - some more than others. Get real guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100 %, everything has gone down hill since 2006 when the Democrats took control....

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Col. that everything Bush has done I don't agree with. With that being said I don't agree with anything Obama stands for he wants to tax us more and take away our freedoms. I believe in less gov. and I don't believe in Taxing the rich to give to the poor. If you work you eat if you dont work you dont eat it is as simple as that. Obama is a wolf in sheeps clothing He is a great speaker,but that doesn't make him right for our country. His change is not what this country needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Gore try to distance himself from Clinton?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Didn't Gore try to distance himself from Clinton?
    Not in policy. He did, however, try to distance himself from him on a personal level because of his personal affairs.

McCain, on the other hand, is trying to distance himself from Bush on a political level in terms of policy and budget - which up until this campaign he agreed with. I guess he needed to appeal to the majority of Americans fed up with the Bush Administration.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I like neither candidate,but how an American can vote for a self proclaimed muslim like Obama that publicly stated ,in a book ,that he would gladly take up a Jihad against the USA if so needed, is beyond me.I will never vote for any person who wants to take my right to own and bear arms away in any way shape or form,This right is the only thing stopping a complete Govt takeover of this country.I will also never vote for a man who has an ally in Jesse Jackson and the ilk whom I see as nothing better than Extortionists who use the race card to blackmail businesses out of Millions each year for their own benefit.As far as Jobs being shipped overseas,one only need to trace that big blunder back to Bill Clinton and his Chinese allies.If I were a service man in Iraq or Afghanistan and Obama got elected,I'd desert as fast as I could,The President is supposed to be the Commander in General of our Armed Forces and Obama hasn't a clue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    Are you guys serious? Being a liberal Democrat, I still respect conservative views, but anyone who defends President Bush's effectiveness as a leader of this country negates anything intelligent they may say in the future. Sorry guys, but Bush's failures should be seen across party lines. If we had a democrat in office that has let the country go down the crapper during his tenure, I will be the first one on here agreeing with you conservatives. If you think the country has only begun it's downward spiral since the democratic congress, you are sadly mistaken. I tolerate alot of posts on here that I don't agree with, and will argue my point, while trying to keep my respect for you other fellow fisherman. But, this post is garbage, Bush has been a total failure. I wonder why John McCain has distanced himself from this admin, and is now preaching Change as well. All I have to say, is any person elected in November will be a pleasant relief from what we currently have - some more than others. Get real guys.
    Get real eh? Okay.

I, like so many appreciate your forbearance. It seems you've forgotten Col, so I'll point out once again that a post indirectly proportional to your views is not necessarily garbage.

A post does not become garbage because you wave your magic wand and proclaim it so. Your tactics of insulting a poster's intelligence doesn't fly with me either, that is just plain transparent liberal crap. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but having an opposing view does not make a person less intelligent than you.

I don't care what you, the media, or anyone else says, President Bush has NOT been a total failure! Yes, he's made some mistakes. Many would say the war is the biggest, but we'll see how that ultimately turns out. If the seed of democracy planted in the middle east takes root, history may have an entirely different view of President Bush.

Have there been any radical Muslim bombings in our country during his Presidency? Have your taxes risen? Have your taxes not been LOWERED? In your wildest dreams do you think BO would ever send you a tax rebate check?

Are you capable Col, of assigning any blame whatsoever for the perceived things wrong in our country on congress, particulary those belonging to the party you support who are the majority?

Have you bothered to hold those congressional members of the party you support RESPONSIBLE for creating this economic wreck we're in? Greedy bastages like BO's advisor Frank Raines, who is set for life, while my meager 401k hemorrages red ink.

Have you bothered to hold those congressional members of the party you support responsible for blocking regulatory measures that would've likely prevented this economic wreck we're in? Hypocrites like Dodd who chairs the committee that stopped the regulatory efforts, yet was square in the middle of the theft of 700 billion more of our dollars.

IMO it's your insistence on parroting the Dem party and blaming every ill known to mankind on Bush that er... 'negates anything intelligent you may say in the future'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    Personally I like neither candidate,but how an American can vote for a self proclaimed muslim like Obama that publicly stated ,in a book ,that he would gladly take up a Jihad against the USA if so needed, is beyond me.I will never vote for any person who wants to take my right to own and bear arms away in any way shape or form,This right is the only thing stopping a complete Govt takeover of this country.I will also never vote for a man who has an ally in Jesse Jackson and the ilk whom I see as nothing better than Extortionists who use the race card to blackmail businesses out of Millions each year for their own benefit.As far as Jobs being shipped overseas,one only need to trace that big blunder back to Bill Clinton and his Chinese allies.If I were a service man in Iraq or Afghanistan and Obama got elected,I'd desert as fast as I could,The President is supposed to be the Commander in General of our Armed Forces and Obama hasn't a clue.
    Don't you think that before you post something that inflammatory, maybe you should do some research on your own, and find out if it's really true? For the record, I don't plan on voting for Obama. Liberal Democrat that I am, I still can't vote for someone who is as naive on foreign policy as he is. Plus, I want healthcare to be affordable for everybody, not provided free of charge by the government. But I am sick and tired of seeing people spreading these lies about Obama. His is NOT a Muslim, and never said anything like "he would gladly take up a Jihad against the USA if so needed." I he had, don't you think McCain would have mentioned that during his campaign? Oh yeah, he did actually address insinuations that Obama is a Muslim. Bill Cunningham, a conservative radio talk show host, was introducing McCain during a rally in Ohio, and kept emphasizing Obama's middle name, Hussein, which is Muslim in origin, and came from his late father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a Kenyan. Here's what McCain said when he got on stage:

“It’s my understanding that before I came in here a person who was on the program before I spoke made some disparaging remarks about my two colleagues in the Senate, Senator Obama and Senator Clinton,” he said. “I have repeatedly stated my respect for Senator Obama and Senator Clinton, that I will treat them with respect. I will call them ‘Senator.’ We will have a respectful debate, as I have said on hundreds of occasions. I regret any comments that may have been made about these two individuals who are honorable Americans.”

Responding to questions from reporters, Mr. McCain said he did not hear what Mr. Cunningham said, saying that when he arrived, Mr. Portman was on stage.

“Whatever suggestion that was made that was any way disparaging to the integrity, character, honesty of either Senator Obama or Senator Clinton was wrong,” he said, “I condemn it, and if I have any responsibility, I will take the responsibility, and I apologize for it.”

He called Mr. Obama a “man of integrity” and said he was someone he had come to know “pretty well and I admire.”

He also said that it was not appropriate to invoke Mr. Obama’s middle name in the course of the campaign.

“I absolutely repudiate such comments,” he said. “It will never happen again.”

Source: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/mccain-repudiates-hussein-obama-remarks/

For my part, I think Obama should change his middle name to "seriously, I'm not a Muslim." But I guess some people wouldn't believe him even then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Don't you think that before you post something that inflammatory, maybe you should do some research on your own, and find out if it's really true? For the record, I don't plan on voting for Obama. Liberal Democrat that I am, I still can't vote for someone who is as naive on foreign policy as he is. Plus, I want healthcare to be affordable for everybody, not provided free of charge by the government. But I am sick and tired of seeing people spreading these lies about Obama. His is NOT a Muslim, and never said anything like "he would gladly take up a Jihad against the USA if so needed." I he had, don't you think McCain would have mentioned that during his campaign? Oh yeah, he did actually address insinuations that Obama is a Muslim. Bill Cunningham, a conservative radio talk show host, was introducing McCain during a rally in Ohio, and kept emphasizing Obama's middle name, Hussein, which is Muslim in origin, and came from his late father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a Kenyan. Here's what McCain said when he got on stage:

“It’s my understanding that before I came in here a person who was on the program before I spoke made some disparaging remarks about my two colleagues in the Senate, Senator Obama and Senator Clinton,” he said. “I have repeatedly stated my respect for Senator Obama and Senator Clinton, that I will treat them with respect. I will call them ‘Senator.’ We will have a respectful debate, as I have said on hundreds of occasions. I regret any comments that may have been made about these two individuals who are honorable Americans.”

Responding to questions from reporters, Mr. McCain said he did not hear what Mr. Cunningham said, saying that when he arrived, Mr. Portman was on stage.

“Whatever suggestion that was made that was any way disparaging to the integrity, character, honesty of either Senator Obama or Senator Clinton was wrong,” he said, “I condemn it, and if I have any responsibility, I will take the responsibility, and I apologize for it.”

He called Mr. Obama a “man of integrity” and said he was someone he had come to know “pretty well and I admire.”

He also said that it was not appropriate to invoke Mr. Obama’s middle name in the course of the campaign.

“I absolutely repudiate such comments,” he said. “It will never happen again.”

Source: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/mccain-repudiates-hussein-obama-remarks/

For my part, I think Obama should change his middle name to "seriously, I'm not a Muslim." But I guess some people wouldn't believe him even then.

Maybe you should do a little research yourself =
    http://sweetness-light.com/archive/are-we-ready-for-a-madrassa-educated-president
    http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/138973
    He can Flip Flop and disguise his past faster than John Kerry ever did,but in my opinion the Apple rarely falls far from the tree.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/dec06/obama_muslim.htm
    Last edited by kyfanatic; 10-08-2008 at 05:28 PM.