Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sick and Tired of Politics

I have voted in EVERY general election held since I turned 21 years old. Several of those votes were cast by absentee ballot during my 23 years in the Army. I fully intend to vote in the up-coming election. HOWEVER, I am sick and tired, like never before, of hearing about the election and I will be so glad when it is over. The only problem is, I know that in January it will start all over again for the next one two years down the road.

Maybe I missed something but prior to about 1990, the main political/election season didn't start until three to four months before the elections. Sure there were some ads and press/media coverage of the Primaries and mid-term elections but it wasn't non-stop like it is today.

On a positive note, this election seems to have generated more interest AND VOTER REGISTRATION (valid and fraudulant) than in the past. Americans love to complain about our politicans, but the percentage of the eligible polulation that actually votes is a shame on us. Then we wonder how these people get elected. Someone is voting for them beside myself.

Finally, I know that anyone with a computer and email gets dozens, yea hundreds, of emails about the candidates/politics but I also know that most everyone, myself included, only forwards those emails to their friends and families that THINK THE SAME WAY AS YOU(i) DO. I have stopped forwarding these things to people I know agree with me and have started sending them to the family and friends THAT I KNOW DIS-AGREE WITH ME OVER POLITICS. I doubt if I have changed anyone's mind, but the replies sure are fun.

Anyhow, I have seen many rants on this board and just thought I would get mine in here.

Thanks

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sick and Tired of Politics

Today's media runs every story they can find into the ground,no wonder you have so many kooks running around getting ideas from the news folks who give play by play on every shooting spree,bombing,etc. This includes every political event.
    Personally,I'm sick of the crooks we call politicians that run our country,who's only goal is to find more ways to leech the money out of the citizens for reasons that were once unconstitutional. I was the owner of an S-Corp that was forced to close because of our wonderful economy,but during my stint as a business owner I got absolutely sick of every Govt agency from the Feds down to the locals sticking their hands out to take away what profit I could make.There was a time that the people in this country would have took these sorry money grubbers for a ride out of town on a rail to the lynching tree. A man pays taxes on everything he works for his whole life only to die and have to pay taxes on it again.
    For what it's worth I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old over 30 years worth of voting,I agree that you find the biggest complainers to be the ones who never vote,I've been known to tell a few they have no right to complain because of this.I think that there is alot of voter fraud going on this time around already,pathetic what the righties and lefties will do to get control,but the end result is always the same: You and I will pay for it!

Post Thanks / Like

In some weird, warped way, I get a thrill out of hitting the "Delete" key as fast as possible when I receive politically motivated emails. Seldom, if ever, have I seen on TV or read an article about a politician that didn't contain half-truths or absolutely no truth.
    After a while I develop an intolerance for such crap.

Post Thanks / Like

They ALL lie, but the gullible believe them, as for me, this is the worst set of candidates I can ever recall. They can all go to.