Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy need jig making help

i poured my first 4 in two out of three and they where perfect all four times so now i am ready to put the hooks on when all the sudden instead of the bottom part of the pot where the lead comes out instead of a steady streem it started to drip so i took the hooks out and tryed to get the stuff off the top of the melted led and stir it up and scrap it out around where the rod that goes up and down because i thought it was clouged but it still had a slow drip, and also how they said to use a candle to melt in with it or flux i used a candle stic and every time it would drip into the pot it would go up into a flame for a few seconds so now i have all this stuff to make jigs and shakey heads i was excited after the first few then when i could not get it to pour out i am bumed any help would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need jig making help

Quote Originally Posted by smuckey41 View Post
    i poured my first 4 in two out of three and they where perfect all four times so now i am ready to put the hooks on when all the sudden instead of the bottom part of the pot where the lead comes out instead of a steady streem it started to drip so i took the hooks out and tryed to get the stuff off the top of the melted led and stir it up and scrap it out around where the rod that goes up and down because i thought it was clouged but it still had a slow drip, and also how they said to use a candle to melt in with it or flux i used a candle stic and every time it would drip into the pot it would go up into a flame for a few seconds so now i have all this stuff to make jigs and shakey heads i was excited after the first few then when i could not get it to pour out i am bumed any help would be great.
    No pro here, but when my spout clogs on the bottom I use a paperclip to unclog it.It works for me plus you can angle the clip so you don't get burned, but like I said No pro. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need jig making help

Looks like a bunch of good responses here:

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...808#post347808

Andrew