Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need some advice please

Would like some help or information from someone with knowledge on how much a boat is worth or what would be a good price to pay. Again, any help members can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Here are the specs on the boat.

(1). It is a 1983 Lowe Bass Catcher Pro 16ft with 6ft beam. Although it is an older boat, it has not seen the water very much and to me looks much newer than the year details.
    (2). The hull is riveted aluminum and also has solid aluminum floors as well.
    (3). Engine is a 60hp Johnson. Compression has been tested, with a reading of 120 on both cylinders. Engine has said to have as little at 75 hours on it. Inside of engine is clean.
    (4). Boat has new CMC PT-135 tilt/trim unit installed, hummingbird wide 100 fish/depth finder, console steering, 12/24 Mercury 4 speed trolling motor, two new plastic gas tanks, two new batteries, two new anchors with front and back deck mounted tie offs and also two live wells.
    (5) Two riding seats from a Shadow bass boat as well as two fishing seats from Shadow bass boat.
    (6). All pumps and nav lights work excellent on boat.
    (7). Boat has no leaks and no welding repairs have been done.
    (8). Boat comes with four life jackets, fire extinguisher.
    (9). Boat also has all new carpet from front to back.
    (10). Boat also has new prop installed as well and new lower unit oil just replaced in August.
    (11). Boat has also been completely rewired.

Operation of the boat is strong and smooth. Engine fires right up at the touch of the key and engine idles great. Both forward and backward controls work great also. Water pump look strong as it shoots hard stream of water out of engine casing also.

Boat takes on NO water while out on the lake, which was several hours at the longest. Everything seems to be in perfect mechanical working order.

Also comes with trailer, which has brand new tires and lights.

Just wanted to get some advice from others about what the boat would be worth if it was on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some advice please

Ill say 1800.00 now 2000.00 in the spring.Dont go buy N.A.D.A,...i have a 1986 yamaha 115 that runs great and it say its worth 200.00,Let me know if you find any for that price ill buy 4 or 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Would that boat handle most lakes and Rivers in Kentucky during calm weather. I know the Kentucky can get rowdy sometimes up on the big ends. Most lakes that would be fished would be Woods Creek, Cumberland and Kentucky and Cumberland Rivers. May also span out to Norris Lake in Tennessee and Dale Hollow.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say it would do fine in the creeks but id be weary of the main lakes when windy.The lakes you listed get pretty hairy on the main lakes when windy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say go for it. Sounds like it may be your first of this size. You can always upgrade later. If it's what you say it is, you should be able to get your use out of it and sell it later at what you pd for it or close to it. The biggest problem I foresee is the wind and your trolling motor. Gotta have strong batterys for sure. You mentioned 2 new batterys? Hope they were for the trolling motor. You claim they're new. That's great. SOLD!!!