Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Have We Gone Nutz?

Reading the news today in google. Companys are starting to have problems with religion and descrimination suits. By MUSLIMS!!!.tHESE ARE AMERICAN COMPANYS, . Can anyone explain how and whjy, they are importing these nuts to fill jobs in food processing plants? Who is hiring them? Tyson foods is one, and several meat placking plants are also having these problems. What happened to the undocumented workers from south of the border? to expensive?Isn't there any thought about these same folks smuggling a radical jihadist into the country, and killing thousands of us?Whats next Siriah laws that are tolerated?Maybe we need to start hiring them into places that still work with nuculear materials, that will save lots of money

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have We Gone Nutz?

Last I checked you could be any religion you want in America. I get irritated everytime a thread like this gets posted. The constitution does not apply to only Christian Americans. Devil's Horse and I got into a pretty heated discussion about this, I am not going to re-open that door.

Your views and your choice of religion does not meant that you are any better of a person that does not share your views.

I have friends of all religions, and take serious offense to ignorance and intollerance to other religions.

Post Thanks / Like

Last TIME I checked this was the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.......

AND in America, you're RIGHT you can be any religion, etc, etc.......BUT these Muslim groups are IMPOSING their WILL on companies, requiring them to have prayer rooms, and giving them BREAKS to pray their 7 times a day......

WHAT I really find disturbing, is this...........it is COMPLETELY OK to REQUIRE this bullcrap, YET we cannot have a simple prayer service AT school or during graduation, etc, etc. AND don't give me this BULL about seperation of Church and STATE.

The constitution discusses religion with regards to the STATE adopting CHURCH RULE, like the church of England, etc, etc..............IT SAYS NOTHING about banning religion in schools, REMOVING in god we trust from money, etc, etc.........

I'll tell you what........GO visit the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial......COUNT how many times GOD is used in context with government and GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS, and then TELL ME the founding fathers wanted you and your LIBERAL FRIENDS to STRIP some of the VERY SPECIFIC language with regards to CHRISTIAN RELIGION from our way of life...........

Flip the COIN around and visit ANY country in the MUSLIM world and try to practice Christianity........GOOD LUCK with THAT..........and WATCH YOUR NECK.

GOOD GRIEF.

Post Thanks / Like

Religion was not the basis of my thread. What was is this.Are these same people, who are employed, and probably dont speak english, going to have children in our public schools/Who is going to learn another language to teach them? How are they being housed? Public housing?These same workers will at some times in the future cause another burden on american tax payers, are the empl;oyers even thinking about sharing one tenth of these costs?This is just another example of corporate profits at work, and the hell with social problems they cause.Or maybe we wont need to educate them, they can always have a madras of their own choosing.As for me, if its got tyson on the label, it stay on the shelf where and when i shop.

Post Thanks / Like

For the record....I am guilty of racial profiling (a little off point but I don't care). I fly alot and I DO LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO ACT SUSPICIOUS ESPECIALLY IF THEY LOOK LIKE THEY MIGHT BE FROM IRAQ. I am guilty of getting my blood pressure up when a minority group complains that their rights have been violated because I have had it up to my ears with that load of junk.

Are we gonna end up with Osama Bin Laden Day? Muslim appreciation month? Muslim Entertainment T.V.? Muslim College Fund? I'm sick and tired of these groups of people wanting to standout and be different and when they get that requested treatment they cry about it. It's simple if you don't like it here go home.

I'm not gonna be scared or guilted into thinking any different. I never gave a thought about Muslims until we have had it forced down our throats by the radicals. Well, I got news for you I listened to the nutjobs and now I like most americans watch them closely.

I have Black, Asian, and White friends I could care less what religion they are it's up to them. Just don't tell me how it's unfair that this country has God written all over it. If it's that bad see ya!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think, and never said we should take "God" out of anything. This country was founded and developed by Christians, and that will always be a big part of this country. The best part about America, is that it truly is a melting pot of cultures, backgrounds, and different faiths. It is the diversity, and the understanding of different cultures, which includes religions, that makes America great. When we have negative views of these differences, we are taking a giant step backwards.

With that said, I don't think any religion has any right to impose it's views on anyone else. That is why I don't agree with a set prayer in school, and for the same reason I don't agree with any religious group asking companies to set aside a formal time and place for prayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Why are we importing african muslim workers? And are they going to live up to the conditions of the workers visas?

Post Thanks / Like

In the case of the Muslims, religious discrimination is incidental. Like most Americans, I have nothing against anyone for practicing their religion, but radical Muslim sects use their religion as justification for killing innocent men, women, and children. One group of Muslims or another has been killing people all over the world practically my whole life. I've got a problem with that. A BIG one.

9/11 and literally 100's of other acts of slaughter weren't perpetuated by a crazy group Hare Krishnas folks, it was dedicated Muslims killing under the guise of their religion. The only way pacifist liberals can defend them is by crying religious persecution, and they're never slow to play that card.

Muslim religious culture, even the sects who are not trying to kill people practice oppression of women. If a group of people in our country could be legally whipped in public or private, have no voting rights, be forced to wear certain clothes, etc, the liberals would be outraged. Yet Col has said we should try and understand, and learn from the Muslim culture. Selective blindness, or downright hypocrisy? You make the call.

Then again if people like Col made all the decisions in America we'd be a British colony speaking German...but we'd have a darned good education system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    I don't think, and never said we should take "God" out of anything. This country was founded and developed by Christians, and that will always be a big part of this country. The best part about America, is that it truly is a melting pot of cultures, backgrounds, and different faiths. It is the diversity, and the understanding of different cultures, which includes religions, that makes America great. When we have negative views of these differences, we are taking a giant step backwards.

With that said, I don't think any religion has any right to impose it's views on anyone else. That is why I don't agree with a set prayer in school, and for the same reason I don't agree with any religious group asking companies to set aside a formal time and place for prayer.
    My post wasn't to suggest that you did, sorry if it came off that way. It just rubs me the wrong way how the country has become so sensitive to other cultures and so quick to dismiss this great country's heritage. I have made it no secret that I am half Asian (from my mother) and we both love this country and what it stands for. She isn't a Christian but understands why certain things are the way they are in this country. She is thankful to be here and thats enough for her. The word God on anything doesn't bother her at all, again she understands it. There should be certain understandings for all people who come here and seeing the word God or saying a prayer or the Ten Commandments or the pledge of allegiance in schools or at public functions should be accepted. If you don't like the country leave. If your country and religion was so great go back.

If it hurts your feelings that alot of us feel this way go back. If your life is so miserable because this country never asked you or your family want you think when we had the Civil War, WW1, WWII, Korean, Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq, Afganistan and others go back and live in the sand, jungles or cold weather.....just leave we won't miss you. Heck, I'm sure if Barry is in office he will pay your way and give you a severence package courtesy of the american tax payers.

This whole open minded liberal way of approaching other cultures is fine but there has to be limits. Unfortunately our elected officials have always sold us out in the name of keeping the growing number of minorities happy. The pond scum lawyers who love to make a name for themselves also are to blame for this trend of trying to keep the men, women and children from other countries happy at our countries expense. Just my simple minded thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Some of our " so called Christian Religions" in this country practice or were founded with idea's that included oppression of women. Some churches women did not sit with the men, and in some CHRISTIAN churches still do not let women have any say in church business, so oppersion of women is not inclusive of the Muslim's. Not all muslims are bad just the bad one's get all the PRESS. Muslim is a radical religion and was founded by a radical leader, by the way Mohamad was the complete opposite of Jesus Christ, so he could be the anti christ that is so talked about, after all the Christians and the Muslim's have been fighting each other for years, havent they. In one corner we have Jesus and the other Mohamed. It has been this way for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. And there is no end in sight. As each cannot let the other be.

Post Thanks / Like

Col all I have to say is you have to be the biggest flaging waving liberal I have ever heard speak in my entire life. Where are you from California by any chance, LOL ?

Post Thanks / Like

It is funny about people wanting the ten commandments and prayer in school are the same families that pray on a regular basis and have the ten commandments posted within thier own house. Do you feel they will forget this during the 6 hours of public education?

There are so many different religions represented in any public school system, as well as so many secular differences within the christian religion that is also represented within the school system, that any set type of prayer will leave someone out, or expect someone to do something different than their family feel is right.

As a teacher I leave all religion and politics out of the classroom. Except during the holidays, where I teach a religions of the world and religious celebrations unit. As part of that I put up a small christmas tree, as well as a well as a Menorah, but we also discuss celebrations and holidays of the islamic, hindu, and buddhist faith. This is part of our core content of Cultural Celebrations are a source of artistic creation (Arts and Humanities) as well as cultural beliefs have shaped society throughout history (Social Studies).

If you feel that feel that your child needs to follow any religion, it is not my place as a teacher to do that - that falls into the family values category, and families should be responsible for instilling those values. I would never make your child say a prayer from a different faith - you should not expect me to force your faith on other children with different views.

Mark - Born in Louisianna, raised in Kentucky - about as southern as anyone could get.