Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatter baits?

Post Thanks / Like

Chatter baits?

What are your thoughts on chatter baits? I don't have one yet but was thinking of trying this bait out. Would love to hear what you guys have to say. Thanks guys

DJ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chatter baits?

Last yrar I heard a lot of people talking about what a great fish catching bait they were so early this Spring I bought a Chatter Bait Kit that was on sale at Bass Pro. I HAVENT' CAUGHT MY FIRST FISH ON THEM YET!!

And it is not because I haven;t used them a lot. I have the Spinner bait CB, the Jig CB and the Swimming CB---NOTHING ON ANY OF THEM.

I think I will put them in my other tacklet box, the one with the FLYING LURES, BANNO MINNOWS, HELLECOPTER LURES, DANCE'S ELLS and some others I will have to look up.

Just my opinion.

Grumpy.

Post Thanks / Like

I had no luck with them at all. I have talked to friends that have caught fish on them but i don't believe it. They do have great action though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught quite a bit on them this year. I use them when fish are actively feeding on baitfish. Where I would usually throw a spinnerbait, but sometimes they seem to prefer the chatterbait. It is an awesome baitfish imitator. I reel it slower than a spinnerbait, with frequent pauses with some rod twitches. In my last tournament, all of my keepers came on a chatterbait. I guess that helped my confidence in them, although I still prefer fishing a spinnerbait.

Post Thanks / Like

0 fish on chatter baits for me! I'll stick to spinnerbaits!

Post Thanks / Like

Chatterbaits catch more fishermen than they do fish!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught 3 fish this year over 5lbs, and every one of them have been on a chatterbait. I think its more of a confidence thing for me, I have a lot in this bait, so I tend to stick with it more than other lures. All my big fish on chatterbaits have been in the spring, have not done well with them once the water temperature gets in the 70's. I would get a couple, and just give it a chance. I use the strike king pure poison, I like it better than the original chatterbaits.

Post Thanks / Like

try taking the skirt off the chatterbait and put one of them lake fork magic swimmers the 4 inch ones on it...... just a thought..... i have heard alot about it but i havent been to the lake in a while to try it..... but as soon as i get to the lake i am going to try it...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Chatter baits?

Caught 1 fish over 7 pounds early this spring, and lots of fish here in ky. I use it on every trip I go fishing. It has a look and presentation that no other bait can duplicate. The best thing that I like about it is that you can fish it so many ways and its weedless. I would have to wright an article to tell you how much I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

they seem to work better in the spring, after the spawn when fish are guarding fry. i've fished them thru summer on drops and humps, by ripping it up off the bottom like a spoon.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught serval fish off of the Chatter Bait i swear by them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    I have caught quite a bit on them this year. I use them when fish are actively feeding on baitfish. Where I would usually throw a spinnerbait, but sometimes they seem to prefer the chatterbait. It is an awesome baitfish imitator. I reel it slower than a spinnerbait, with frequent pauses with some rod twitches. In my last tournament, all of my keepers came on a chatterbait. I guess that helped my confidence in them, although I still prefer fishing a spinnerbait.
    Totally agree. I will throw them anywhere I would normally throw a spinner bait and have done really well in the spring and early summer. I put them away in the mid summer to fall but will definetely have a couple tied on this spring. They have worked well for me on KY lake.