Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Logan Martin Fishing

Just signed up. I'm looking forward to discussing fishing on Logan Martin Lake. I live on the main channel and fish nearly every weekend. Sometimes I catch them other times there as hard to find as the Gold I was looking for last weekend. Weekend before last, I had several Bass on Spinner baits and Watermelon Finesse Worms. Also saw a nice box of Crappie. I will check every few days. It would be nice to have discusssions as to what is working and what isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Logan Martin Fishing

Hey Wash- welcome to the board. I almost always fish Lay Lake but have fished Logan Martin many times. I normally spend my fall and winter hunting wood goats but plan to weave some fishing in this year. I fished last Thursday, caught 2 around 7 am on chartreuse buzzbait on a wall by the river channel and then they shut down. I have always fished blow downs, weeds, walls and docks but am thinking about trying points and ledges at the river channel. Do you have suggestions? Have you fished Lay and do you have thoughts on the similarity between Lay and Logan Martin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papaprier View Post
    Hey Wash- welcome to the board. I almost always fish Lay Lake but have fished Logan Martin many times. I normally spend my fall and winter hunting wood goats but plan to weave some fishing in this year. I fished last Thursday, caught 2 around 7 am on chartreuse buzzbait on a wall by the river channel and then they shut down. I have always fished blow downs, weeds, walls and docks but am thinking about trying points and ledges at the river channel. Do you have suggestions? Have you fished Lay and do you have thoughts on the similarity between Lay and Logan Martin?
    Hi Papaprier, I'm not sure about the correct usage for the threads and forum, so if I mess it up give me a shout. My fishing has been fairly slow, when the water first began to cool, we had some good keepers coming out of the grass and along the walls near the bank. However, the past 3 weeks, weve had better luck on points and road beds. Chartreuse is an excellent color for Logan Martin, but I've had more luck with white this year. I caught a nice 4.5 on a cotton candy worm on the back side of a wind blown point just off the main channel 2 weeks back, but they come sporatically. Haven't fished Lay in a few years, since I'm living on LM. I use to do ok with yellow, white, and green offerings. The weed beds seemed to be more productive than what I have found on LM, also the availability of more points and creeks allowed for a little better fishing. Just some thoughts, it would be interesting to hear from some others, those that do great and those like me that get by. Thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like

Wash- thanks for the words of wisdom. You are right; it would be great if some of the better and even average fishermen who fish both these lakes would take the time to drop us a note with some time proven tips.

Post Thanks / Like

i have absolutely slaughterd em this past year on LM useing anything white!!! they really luv the fat free shad in white and citrus as well...good luck...