Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bullet tourney on Cumberland this coming Saturday??

I stopped by Backwaters and registered for this tournament. My God is this tournament gonna be big or what? I was in their new store and the entire time it was all talk anbout everyone fishing it next Saturday. I am looking forward to getting there and checking out all the stuff including that boat. Everything I have ever heard about this tournament has been posative. From the sounds around where I live, it is gonna be a large tournament . Hope to see everyone there...maybe I can show off that new boat if I am lucky enough to be drawn for it. Good day, Rickster

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bullet tourney on Cumberland this coming Saturday??

Hey Rickster,
    Is this a 100% payback tourney? $2000.00 first place based on 150 boats at $150.00/ boat= $22500.00. Sounds like a good one. I may have to fish it myself or find another partner next weekend, my partner isn't much into the tournies that don't payback 100%. I understand that the tourney has to pay for the wholesale price of the boat as well as other expenses. Just got back from there and had 16-17 pounds in largeheads...they're a bitin. See ya there next weekend.
    Loomis55

Post Thanks / Like

Ill def be there..been waitin on this one

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Bullet tourney on Cumberland this coming Saturday??

Just hope they do better this weekend , weekend before last was just AWFUL , guys just dont run over me in my little Ranger , I will try and stay out of the way . LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Loomis, they told me the same thing about the boat. I guess John has to pay a discounted price from the factory to get the boat and then recover partial amounts of the entry fees to cover it. That is alright with me. I think , from what I have seen in previous years with this tournament, John has a great relationship with those people at Bullet anyway, so it's all good in my book. Not sure what he paid for teh boat, but everytime I have missed this tournament, it has payed back to the folks fishing very very well,plus all the giveaways and stuff. Some guy I met at Backwater told me they are feeding everyone with homemade Cajun food on teh ramp during the weigh in Sounds good too. I think these guys have the tournament situation well in hand. i have never heard anything but good about all this every year. This time, finally after 3 years of missing it..I WILL BE THERE!. Good fishin....Rickster

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Bullet tourney on Cumberland this coming Saturday??

I stopped and talked to Webby today and he was hustling trying to get things ready for the tourney. He is doing most of it himself. Hats off to him for putting all the hard work into it. I'm sure it will be well done. I'm boat #26 and he said that they should be well over 150 boats in it!

Post Thanks / Like

Boat #51 here. Will hopefully be a great turnout. I work at Backwaters in the evenings, and I have had MANY people come in talking about this tourney. We are now open til 9 thru the week, and we had 3 people come in between 6 and 9 and pre register. I think it will be an awesome event, cant wait til saturday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm boat # 4 and looking forward to it. Besides the boat being given away the amount of other prizes to be given away is huge. I've also got an extra $500.00 in my pocket that I'm gonna give to somebody for having big fish in the tourney.

The cajun cooking is gonna be awesome also. One of our friends from Louisiana is driving all the way up here just to cook for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Bullet tourney on Cumberland this coming Saturday??

Boat 71 here just hope everyone stays safe and has lots of fun and catch lots,and Backwaters is great , small store packed with everything , you dont have to look all around to find what you want.