Search Fishin.com

Thread: Reelfoot ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Question Reelfoot ?????

Is Reelfoot still a fishing spot or has it faded out? I never hear anyone fishing the lake or making reports anymore. As an out of state angler, I have made many trips to Reelfoot but the last few years have been tough to say the least. Weather has been a large issue, especially wind in the cooler weather. But still, not the fish in numbers or size as we we used to in trips past. Just curious as to why it is never mentioned by locals and only the seasonal queries by us tourists. I find it challenging and extremely beautiful, cypress trees, stumps and the wildlife only adds to the fishing experience. Maybe no one in that area owns or uses a pc when they can fish one of the most unique lakes in the country.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reelfoot ?????

I think the problem with Reelfoot is that when the fishing is good the weather is to unpredictable. I have been going down, from Indiana, for years and love the lake. But I always hear you should have been here last week. Fish count has gone down almost every year we go, didn't help our friend and guide passed away a few years ago. The lake is so shallow and when the wind blows you can have a tough go of it, especially in the rental john boats. The best day we ever had was about five years ago 10 MPH winds with sleet and snow blowing in our face, but the fish were hungry.

Seems like the drum have really taken over a lot of the lake too.

just my two cents