Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Half hour on 7 networks

I'm figuring BO's slickly produced infomercial will bump him up 2 or 3 more points in the polls. Hope not, but let's face it, money buys elections. Never been anything like this before, we'll have to see how it goes.

He said at the outset he'd only take public donations, but rolled over on that one and amassed a 600 million plus war chest of 'private' donations.

I heard a little bit of Joe the plumber being interviewed this am. He was asked why he supported McCain/Palin, and replied "We gotta limit the size of the government, man". He went on to say BO would have way too much power, so much it would be scary. That guy is so squarely where I live. He can say more in 30 seconds than a trainload of political analysts in a week.

After his question to BO on the rope line and the ensuing attention, the Dem pols in Ohio have initiated investigations into every aspect of Joe's life. Of course they say the investigations are coincidental with no political motivation. (I believe that, don't you?) The woman in child services doing that part of the investigation gave the maximum allowable contribution to the Obama campaign, but I'm sure she's just er...doing her job. Anybody remember how the Clinton machine used to grind people up and spit em out?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Half hour on 7 networks

The media made this guy, and they always need more info, and usually beat everytthing death.Remember the atlanta bomber, tried , convicted, and almost sentanced by the media.Its news! boring but news. And "pushing daiseys" in I believe abc didn't show the infomortial.With over 200 channels, there was something else to watch, if you searched for it. I did!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    The media made this guy, and they always need more info, and usually beat everytthing death.Remember the atlanta bomber, tried , convicted, and almost sentanced by the media.Its news! boring but news. And "pushing daiseys" in I believe abc didn't show the infomortial.With over 200 channels, there was something else to watch, if you searched for it. I did!

I was at the Palin rally last night and was interview by WHAS 11. The guy next to me refused.......saying he didn't want to be "joe plumbered".

WOW.......say something against the LEFT leaning LIBERALS in this country and get treated like GARBAGE.....you gotta love it.

This guy Joe is more like most of you than you CARE to admit. Work hard, earn a decent wage, get behind on support, or get behind on taxes, whatever........THAT'S life..........The libs and Democrats have demonized this guy.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Off the thread, but! Most politicians wont tell the truth, we dont want to hear it. So they sort of make up their veersions of the truth. Unfortuatly, most americans are also guilty of the same trait[excluding fishermen].Over 40% of americans swear beforwe god to love honor obey and so forth, and then get divorced.whats true? Usually the headlines the day after.[sometimes]. No matter who wins, most of us will remain in this country, a lot of us will pay their true taxes, and probably less than 60% of us will vote.And this is true, the wrong guy is going to win according to over 50% of the population!

Post Thanks / Like

Most of us are not behind on our taxes! Is there an excuse for that?Let me in on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Most of us are not behind on our taxes! Is there an excuse for that?Let me in on it.
    Let me qualify so you won't TAKE EVERY WORD LITERALLY.................he is MOST like you and ME. Maybe you don't get behind on taxes, and MOST actually don't........I was meaning you're MOST likely to have a beer with Joe, you're MOST likely to go HUNTING with Joe...you're MOST LIKELY to have similar interests LIKE JOE.....You're LIKE JOE............and EVERYDAY normal good ole RED BLOODED, hard working AMERICAN.

AND it is EASY to get behind, especially if you OWN a business and pay quarterly.............or if you subcontract and get paid on a 1099, or LIKE, ME, you'd much rather OWE than they OWING YOU........I rarely get anything back, and usually have to pay 500 - 1000 bucks...........

ANY of those cases, and you're technically BEHIND........

AND if you didn't plan on 1 2 or 3 THOUSAND dollars in taxes when you did that "EXTRA" job and were paid via a 1099, it HURTS.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Half hour on 7 networks

been paying taxes since HST,but not very much now because of my retrirement.never asked for delayed payment,and sometimes it hurt like hell, but its something i expected, anyone who told me my taxes would go down, while I was employed was just plain lying!With this whopping interest rate on savings at most banks, next year, if I still have a pension, guess what NO TAXES!